• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino by bus

martyndeh

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2013, 2014 Camino portugese 2015,2016
Camino fisterra 2017
a damaged knee miniscus got me from walker to supporter for john and a knowledge of buses and the health system. sitting in pension meson nova waiting for jphn weather dreadful

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Are you in Ponferrada? This seems to be the most common injury when people carry heavy loads backpacks long distance hiking. Try resting, even sending your pack ahead for some days to give the knee some relief.

Rest and tend to your health. Very sorry to hear about the troubles. Take care!

Last edited:
"sitting in pension meson nova...." and the fact that it is in the Camino Ingles section is kind of a clue that it is not Ponferrada?
Sorry to hear your news and that you are missing out on this lovely Camino. Hope you can gain something from the enforced time of reflection.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
a damaged knee miniscus got me from walker to supporter for john and a knowledge of buses and the health system. sitting in pension meson nova waiting for jphn weather dreadful
Sorry to see you are injured. The kind folk at Meson Novo will look after you I am sure.
We have just been looking at their info as we begin to make plans for next year.

I am really sorry to hear that. I have fond memories of Meson Novo and I'm sure they will look after you.

I am looking forward to going back there this Saturday.

I hope you recover soon.

Take Care
Mig

"sitting in pension meson nova...." and the fact that it is in the Camino Ingles section is kind of a clue that it is not Ponferrada?
Al-- maybe the fact that there is a Meson terra Nova in Ponferrada (see link below) may be the reason one would ask for clarification......? The person is after all, NOT walking and posted, Camino by BUS.....? Reading and comprehension...priceless.
http://www.tripadvisor.es/Restauran...errada_Province_of_Leon_Castile_and_Leon.html

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Even tho the weather is NO BUENO! The 4 of us are enjoying The Meson and the wonderful hospitality and cold cervezas! So happy we all connected at the great Betanzos albergue!

No need to say sorry, Al-- I just felt a bit "dumb" and wanted to explain. :) You are still totally cool to me! :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sorry to hear your news and that you are missing out on this lovely Camino. Hope you can gain something from the enforced time of reflection.

Sheesh, really? Clearly some people need to walk a lot more and speak less. So much from learning from the Camino. Amazing how this forum can be so similar to others when it comes to attitude and jugement.

Sheesh, really? Clearly some people need to walk a lot more and speak less. So much from learning from the Camino. Amazing how this forum can be so similar to others when it comes to attitude and jugement.
Perhaps reading the rest of the thread first is also a good option too. ;) The two have already kissed and made up, so to speak, no? Or is it fun to stir the pot some more?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is all good, guys. Al is such an amazing contributor, I respect his views tremendously. We ALL have our moments; I have said worse things, believe me...

I wonder how is martindeh coming along. Knee issues are usually a matter of rest and lighter loads. Wishing him well.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well we are both home safe and this is a summary
Day 1
Heavy rain ferrol to pontedeume hostal allegue to stay more than adequate.
Day 2
John walking, me at the medical centre for 4 hours waiting to see a doctor who didn't speak english, google translate helped. damage miniscus no walking! spoke to a local who was upset at my wait. He gave me a free lift to betanzos lovely man. Stayed at the Albergue.
Day 3 John walking in weather that was so bad there was a waterfall flowing down the high path after casa julia. I caught the bus 2+ euros couldnt cross the road to the hotel rain too heavy. Good tlc by meson do vento but apparently the Bruma albergue excellent ( quote from pellegrino).
Day 4
John made good time myself on a mon bus 2+ euros. Stayed at delia's albergue now this has only room for eight but brilliant! food juice fridge cooker washing machine etc.etc together with a lady that sews john's blisters Tapas bar 100 yards.
Day 5
John gone by 6.30 keen to get to the pilgrims mass. myself 2 euros and I was there. Johnny's guide had been great but john like myself when I walked the ingles last year found directions in confusing with other walks. cost him an hour Good weather too!
Pilgrim mass good it would be nice to shoot the tourists SMACK MY WRIST.
the Via Lucis where we stayed was Fawlty towers all over but the people were lovely. There were problems with a new heating system but a nunnery and a seminary joined was an unusual place. We both loved it and the english mass in the cathedral on the saturday was very emotional. manolos was packed but didnt see the crazy cuban ( hows your ankle?

Well we are both home safe and this is a summary
Day 1
Heavy rain ferrol to pontedeume hostal allegue to stay more than adequate.
Day 2
John walking, me at the medical centre for 4 hours waiting to see a doctor who didn't speak english, google translate helped. damage miniscus no walking! spoke to a local who was upset at my wait. He gave me a free lift to betanzos lovely man. Stayed at the Albergue.
Day 3 John walking in weather that was so bad there was a waterfall flowing down the high path after casa julia. I caught the bus 2+ euros couldnt cross the road to the hotel rain too heavy. Good tlc by meson do vento but apparently the Bruma albergue excellent ( quote from pellegrino).
Day 4
John made good time myself on a mon bus 2+ euros. Stayed at delia's albergue now this has only room for eight but brilliant! food juice fridge cooker washing machine etc.etc together with a lady that sews john's blisters Tapas bar 100 yards.
Day 5
John gone by 6.30 keen to get to the pilgrims mass. myself 2 euros and I was there. Johnny's guide had been great but john like myself when I walked the ingles last year found directions in confusing with other walks. cost him an hour Good weather too!
Pilgrim mass good it would be nice to shoot the tourists SMACK MY WRIST.
the Via Lucis where we stayed was Fawlty towers all over but the people were lovely. There were problems with a new heating system but a nunnery and a seminary joined was an unusual place. We both loved it and the english mass in the cathedral on the saturday was very emotional. manolos was packed but didnt see the crazy cuban ( hows your ankle?
Hahaha! Made it after all our rains! Ankle is good! A day of rest really helps all, good company and good vino tinto. Wished we would of seen you both in Santiago. Glad all is well. Good experience on the Camino Ingles, not fond of so much pavement walking and closed bars or lack of.Enjoyed the quiet walks and one day did not see another pilgrim. See you next time , my best to John!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.