A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino by sea on Irish tv.

Advertisment

Mike T

Camino(s) past & future
Carcassonne-Santiago via Camino Frances 2011
Mary/Michael Way Avebury-Bury St Edmund 2012
Camino Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago 2013
Tochar Phadraig Ballintubber-Croagh Patrick 2013
Mary/Michael Way Glastonbury-Avebury 2015
St Kevin's Way 2017
Go raibh maith agat. I'll be watching on Sunday! The Irish Society of the Friends of St James (aka Camino Club) circulated its members with this information this morning. It will be well worth a look.

Advertisment

Davie Blisters

Ministry of Silly Walks
Camino(s) past & future
Thanks for posting this Crackmrmac.

I had just completed the Camino last year when I witnessed the guys hauling the 'Naomhoig-Na-Tinte' up the Cathedral steps.
Another one of those Camino moments which make the hairs on your neck stand-up - as I had just spoken to my late irish father in the cathedral.

I'm not sure if the story will be shown here in the UK, but I'll certainly be on the lookout!

Fletchonides

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Burgos - Leon (June 2017)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
I really enjoyed Part 1. One of the comments that got me was when they talked about periods of silence when you would be alone with yourself (while rowing with 3 other guys) and your thoughts. It reminded me of many times on the Camino being along with my thoughts alongside or slightly behind my wife. I could really identify with them.

The rowing from Rosslare in Ireland to Wales was immense, and heading down from Cornwall towards Brittany. Knackered, blistered, humbled. Gentle legends. Real Camino spirit being witnessed
Can't wait for the next 2 parts.

Fletchonides

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Burgos - Leon (June 2017)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
Lovely end to see the currach (boat) being carried into the cathedral, and the emotion about finishing. We walked last year to Burgos, and met some people who were planning to be there to greet the people in Santiago. Also quite emotional to see Glen Hansard who stood in for one of the team for a month not being there at the end.

All in all a wonderful documentary, very much in the spirit of the Camino, you will recognise kindred spirits if you do get to see it.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%