A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

CAMINO CALENDAR

krazeekuban

Coordinator Valley of the Sun Chapter/APOC
Camino(s) past & future
May/June(2012) Camino Frances. Sept/Oct Camino Frances, Santiago/Finsterre 2013. 2013 Pilgrim Office Amigo Volunteer. Oct 2014 Camino Ingles , Pilgrim Office in Santiago Vol Sep '15, Camino Portuguese Oct '15,volunteer Sept 2015 Ribadiso muni albergue
I am planning on starting my camino from Pamplona on May 3rd. Is anyone planning to start in that time frame?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Re: May 3 starting in Pamplona

falcon269 said:
https://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=wc&pli=1&gsessionid=TT4bn9s66WzVLWa_5fo4qA

Three others in the vicinity of that date on the new Google Calendar (if you can view it!!).
I think..(not 100% sure), that this link is a link to "Google Calendar"... and you see the calendar that you are logged into... when I click it I see "my" calendar... to see the calendar for this new account you have to log into this new account... and that is/was the problem with the 1st calendar we had working... and that later got closed since google saw all these people from all over the world logging into it.. and said...."I'm closing this one down!" :)

I think the best would to find a calendar that would be open to the public... (with all the spam problems that will lead to)... it's not as easy as one would think...

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes

I think if you add this link to your "Other Calendars," you will be able to read the Camino de Santiago calendar.
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/camino-d ... lendar.htm

If I have an email address, I can add it to the "Share with specific people" section.

I confess that I am winging it!! Suggestions would be useful.

If the Administrator adds this to the Forum homepage, I think it will add a link to the calendar:

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=glamv59afajgkp20iek5amk8ts%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Then again, maybe not :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

krazeekuban

Camino(s) past & future
May/June(2012) Camino Frances. Sept/Oct Camino Frances, Santiago/Finsterre 2013. 2013 Pilgrim Office Amigo Volunteer. Oct 2014 Camino Ingles , Pilgrim Office in Santiago Vol Sep '15, Camino Portuguese Oct '15,volunteer Sept 2015 Ribadiso muni albergue

OK! To keep it simple...Please say HI! when you see my Pilgrim Forum Badge!! :lol:

ivar

Administrator
Staff member

Ok, so I added this code to this page:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/camino-d ... lendar.htm
...and if this looks like it is working, I can add a link to this page from the bottom of every forum page (like we use to have it).

Falcon: If you want me to add some instructions on how to add your camino to the calendar, I can add that under the calendar. Just write something and send it over... :)

Does this look good?

Saludos,
Ivar

grayland

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes

That link is working fine for me now, Ivar. I do get a small image and can't work out how to enlarge it yet.

Falcon: Many thanks for getting the Pilgrim Calendar back on the forum. We appreciate your willingness to administer it.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Good, I can see the Calendar, thanks.
One question:- Is this going to be open for anyone to view or will it be password protected? (eg In 'Members only' section or other sign in for members).

Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18
Thanks Falcon for doing this. I start from Seville on 13th April. It is good seeing some others starting around that date. Getting really excited now.
Heather

krazeekuban

Camino(s) past & future
THANK YOU!!!! Able to see it now!

Camino(s) past & future
0 currently. Shooting for 2014
Great!!! I aam even able to see it from my android phone.

Thanks fo doing this! :grin:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2012), VdLP (2014), CF (2017), Rota Vincentina (2018), Cammino di Assisi (2019)
falcon269 said:
Post your dates and start point in the Forum, or send them in a PM, and I will add them.
Thanks Falcon. I will be arriving at SJPDP from Pamplona on March 31. I will leave SJPDP on April 1st. Hmmm, quite an auspicious day :wink:

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
I think I posted all the updates. The calendar is a public calendar, but only those who I add to a list (by email address) can add or change data; all Google calendars work this way. The data is not protected, so if I permitted a "mischievous" person on the list, who knows where we would go! So if you want permission to make your own entries, send me a PM with your email address. New members are a fantastic group, but if you have not been a Forum member for at least six months, please don't be offended if I don't add you to the list. Suggestions and advice are always welcome!

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Assuming only a small portion of those intending to walk a camino are on this calendar, it sure is more populated than the calendars of previous years. Reflective of our "on-fire" forum and growing camino population.

Thanks, falcon, for taking this on. It's a great tool.

Riseson

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Apr/May 2012 SJPDP to SDC
Mini Camino Frances Sept 2014 Astorga to SDC
So excited to see this up and running! I was about to send a note when I saw my own name there! Yay! Thank you so much!

Camino(s) past & future
September 2014

I think..(not 100% sure), that this link is a link to "Google Calendar"... and you see the calendar that you are logged into... when I click it I see "my" calendar... to see the calendar for this new account you have to log into this new account... and that is/was the problem with the 1st calendar we had working... and that later got closed since google saw all these people from all over the world logging into it.. and said...."I'm closing this one down!" :)

I think the best would to find a calendar that would be open to the public... (with all the spam problems that will lead to)... it's not as easy as one would think...

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar
Hi Ivar I wanted to enter that I was leaving on the 20th September from SJPP but cant make it work?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hi @AnnieY

I've found instructions written by falcon some time ago quite easy. Maybe you didn't come across those:

"How to use the new calendar:

1. Click on "Events" in the first tool bar at the top of the page.
2. Click on "Post New Event". Name your entry. I suggest something like "Falcon269 leaving SJPdP." Or just "Falcon269" or "Colorado Meeting", since you can input additional information further down the entry form.
3. Describe as you wish. It would be a good place to put ride pool requests, blog name, and your country of origin. An entry in "Venue" seems to be required, so perhaps your camino name, or just repeat the starting point. For an event you can enter detailed location information.
4. Un-check the RSVP box unless your event is something like a club meeting and you want to collect RSVPs.
5. If you make the event a multi-day event, your entry will repeat throughout your pilgrimage, and probably will make the calendar unreadable as entries for twenty pilgrims per day are amassed for thirty three days, yielding as many as 660 entries on the 33rd day! Just your start date and finish date are probably all that is necessary.
6. Save the entry."

Best of luck and Ultreia!

pilgrim68

Camino(s) past & future
I am planning on starting my camino from Pamplona on May 3rd. Is anyone planning to start in that time frame?
I am also planning on "MY WAY" The starting of my Camino from the 24th August 2017. Would anyone be planning a long term goal in that time. I will be leaving from ST. JEAN PIED DE PORT.

waterbaby

Camino(s) past & future
I will take a pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago de Compstelo as part of my honeymoon in August. I plan to commence my pilgrimage (25 August 2014). My new husband plans to hike it with me :-)
Thank you so much for adding the calendar again! My new husband, Robert, and I will commence our pilgrimage from SJPP on approximately 24 August. We fly out of Tampa FL on 21 August and land in Barcelona. We thought we would give ourselves a day in SJPP prior to commencing the trail.

waterbaby

Camino(s) past & future
I will take a pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago de Compstelo as part of my honeymoon in August. I plan to commence my pilgrimage (25 August 2014). My new husband plans to hike it with me :-)
I added my departure date though I can't see anyone else

Hi Pilgrim68! How did you add your departure date? Robert and I are also leaving SJPP on 23/24 August 2014. We fly out of Tampa FL on 21 August and travel to SJPP. We would like to have a down day there prior to commencing our hike.
I've been planning and thinking of this for 4.5 years now and was originally going to fly into Madrid. I want us to take the train through the Pyrenees (I've read it is so beautiful) anyone know how I catch this?? I know we change trains again prior to arrival to SJPP.

Where do you land Pilrim?

waterbaby

Camino(s) past & future
Trains go around the Pyrenees, not through them, at least since the tunnel at Somport was closed in 1970.
Hi Falcon!! My bad! ... I'm from the southern mountains of TN where all roads go "through the mountain" - when just as with the Pyrenees, they actually go OVER them, and around wild crazy curves along the mountain walls as well as up and down the mountain!

I should have phrased the sentence to say I'm looking to take a train that goes over the Pryenees so I can see them. I've read they are quite beautiful!! I do not want to take the bus route. Do you know how I can get from Barcelona to a train over the Pyrenees?

I had a route mapped from Madrid where I went from Madrid to Bayonne and then to SJPP all via train, but now that my husband and I are flying into Barcelona, I'm not quite certain of how I can have a train ride over the mountains.

Thanks so much for your time!
Becca

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Trains from Barcelona go around the Pyrenees through Perpignan, then Toulouse, then Bordeaux or Bayonne. From Bayonne you can take a train to SJPdP that goes up the river canyon. Buses are being substituted for the train at the moment for roadbed work.

waterbaby

Camino(s) past & future
Falcon
I do not see the calendar, nor how to add our departure locations and dates. Will you please direct me or add this information for me? Me and my husband Robert will leave from SJPP on/about 23/24 August. We also welcome anyone who wishes to travel from Barcelona to SJPP with us via the trains!
Thank you for everything you do!
Becca

waterbaby

Camino(s) past & future
Trains from Barcelona go around the Pyrenees through Perpignan, then Toulouse, then Bordeaux or Bayonne. From Bayonne you can take a train to SJPdP that goes up the river canyon. Buses are being substituted for the train at the moment for roadbed work.
Thank you so much Falcon! I hope one day to lay my eyes upon your countenance. Thank you for all you do to help pilgrims along our way.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
V Announcements 14
ivar Announcements 29
ivar Announcements 76
falcon269 Announcements 4
Arn Announcements 13

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%