• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino cards published by Christian Brandstetter

Mike T

Time of past OR future Camino
Carcassonne-Santiago via Camino Frances 2011
Mary/Michael Way Avebury-Bury St Edmund 2012
Camino Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago 2013
Tochar Phadraig Ballintubber-Croagh Patrick 2013
Mary/Michael Way Glastonbury-Avebury 2015
St Kevin's Way 2017
When I was in Santiago, I bought a deck of cards created by the above-named (hope I got the spelling right). They had different paintings of the camino on them as well as aphorisms/quotations from the wise/words of encouragement. Is it possible to obtain the pack without going to Santiago?? The website I visited for this seems to have been "under construction" for over a year now, so that doesn't look hopeful . Can anyone help with info? Thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey - I'm really impressed how quickly you get help here!! Thanks very much to the three of you. Yes Kathar1a, it's the 48 cards I'm looking for and your German Pilgino Shop site seems to offer the possibility to order. Thanks also to Peter F. I've gone for the site suggested by mspath: that site gives emails and telephone numbers for the Christian Brandstaetter (there: mspath gave me the correct spelling) office in Germany and I have this afternoon spoken (in English 'cos I'm Irish) to a person in the Christian Brandstaetter office in Germany who is mailing out the cards to me (as I type, I think!). That really is fantastic. Next month I'm doing a talk on Pilgrimaging on the Camino and other routes to the Dublin United Arts Club, and I wanted to end by inviting each audience member to pick a card 'blind' and take it home with them (so I need a few packs and I'm now getting them!). Thanks again.

Hey - I'm really impressed how quickly you get help here!! Thanks very much to the three of you. Yes Kathar1a, it's the 48 cards I'm looking for and your German Pilgino Shop site seems to offer the possibility to order. Thanks also to Peter F. I've gone for the site suggested by mspath: that site gives emails and telephone numbers for the Christian Brandstaetter (there: mspath gave me the correct spelling) office in Germany and I have this afternoon spoken (in English 'cos I'm Irish) to a person in the Christian Brandstaetter office in Germany who is mailing out the cards to me (as I type, I think!). That really is fantastic. Next month I'm doing a talk on Pilgrimaging on the Camino and other routes to the Dublin United Arts Club, and I wanted to end by inviting each audience member to pick a card 'blind' and take it home with them (so I need a few packs and I'm now getting them!). Thanks again.

Please do let us know when you receive the cards which you ordered if they are those which you hoped they would be.

Sorry, everyone! It's back to square one. Kathar1na is quite right (thank you, K!) - there are two differnt C.Bs and I have not found the right one. Her link to Facebook is to the right one but I do not use so cannot access Facebook. Presumably that might be a way to go for other people who are themselves on FB. I have since visited a Santiago Souvenir shop website but, even if they do mail order, they don't appear to sell the cards (it is, by the way, the 48 card deck I am looking for). Thanks to everyone for all the good feedback

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for your update; I am sorry for my error posted above.

As always, mspath, it provided an interesting journey (with some learning!). Thanks to you for that.

Sorry, everyone! It's back to square one. Kathar1na is quite right (thank you, K!) - there are two differnt C.Bs and I have not found the right one. Her link to Facebook is to the right one but I do not use so cannot access Facebook. Presumably that might be a way to go for other people who are themselves on FB. I have since visited a Santiago Souvenir shop website but, even if they do mail order, they don't appear to sell the cards (it is, by the way, the 48 card deck I am looking for). Thanks to everyone for all the good feedback

Hi Mike, I have the 48 card deck by CB (I bought it at Monjarin - the albergue run by Thomas). On the pack it has contact details;
camino_at@yahoo.de
www.caminodesantiago.at

Hope this helps
Davey

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hey Mike, if you pay me for postage I will send you my pack if you want. I live in the UK. Message me if interested.

Davey

Thanks for the info Davey. Also for the very kind offer to sell. I've email the Danish address you gave and will wait to see what they come up with. If nothing - the I'll get back to you with grateful thanks. The website address you gave is "still under construction" it says, but so far the email hasn't bounced back! I'll keep you all informed.

Just as (what I think) will be a final update on this thread: after two and a half weeks I have had no reply to the email I sent to the address which is on the side of the deck of cards that Davey has - so: it's the end of this particular "camino" I think. Thank you one and all for your interest and help.
Buen Camino
Mike

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just as (what I think) will be a final update on this thread: after two and a half weeks I have had no reply to the email I sent to the address which is on the side of the deck of cards that Davey has - so: it's the end of this particular "camino" I think. Thank you one and all for your interest and help.
Buen Camino
Mike

The cards should be with you soon Mike, sorry for the delay!

Davey

Great Davy - and thanks!!!

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.