• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Christmas present!

peregrina2000

Staff member
I used to think that my Camino Clock was the best camino present bar none, https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/a-camino-clock-best-gift-ever.15970/

But my husband is giving it a run for the title. He got this silver necklace in a little shop in Mexico. It's not fancy or sophisticated, the silver is kind of banged up and dented, but it is a pretty amazing Camino gift!

necklace.jpg

What other Camino Christmas presents were received? Buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I used to think that my Camino Clock was the best camino present bar none, https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/a-camino-clock-best-gift-ever.15970/

But my husband is giving it a run for the title. He got this silver necklace in a little shop in Mexico. It's not fancy or sophisticated, the silver is kind of banged up and dented, but it is a pretty amazing Camino gift!

View attachment 23049

Having worked in various facets of design all my life, the old adage of the 'little black dress' is every designer's aspiration. Your necklace is exactly that - absolute perfection in its stunning simplicity and 'banged up' is all the current rage.

Agree. It's an amazing Camino gift.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That's a gorgeous gift! :)

As a newbie to the Camino, I received (my first) microfibre towel, quick dry fleece - and, from a friend who has previously done the camino, a copy of 'The Way' and also a book about two members of an irish family who completed it! I look forward to reading / viewing both, as both are new to me! Lovely gifts :)

My best Camino present was for Christmas 2012 – the John Brierley book. I had often heard about the Camino but never gave it a second thought until my son gave me this book. I read through it over the Christmas hols and by the end of January was hooked! Decided to just get a ‘taster’ of the walk by doing about 5 days so myself and husband left Dublin end of May 2013 and had 5 of the most wonderful days of our lives. As yet, we haven’t reached Santiago preferring to get there in stages each year, that’s all we can make time for but we look forward each year to doing the next few stages.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My best Camino present was for Christmas 2012 – the John Brierley book. I had often heard about the Camino but never gave it a second thought until my son gave me this book. I read through it over the Christmas hols and by the end of January was hooked! Decided to just get a ‘taster’ of the walk by doing about 5 days so myself and husband left Dublin end of May 2013 and had 5 of the most wonderful days of our lives. As yet, we haven’t reached Santiago preferring to get there in stages each year, that’s all we can make time for but we look forward each year to doing the next few stages.
This is a great way to do it, I met many pilgrims who spent years getting to Santiago. One German man who left from his own front door and took eight years to get to Santiago.
Happy New Year and Buen Camino.

A blessed gift from my wife who for 40 consecutive days a year has to take care her elderly parents ( her dad is blind) , four pets, and a 15 years old grandson by herself while I'm walking the Camino.

Yes I'm very greatfull
Zzotte

The gruntled 'permission' of my husband to disappear, again!, for two months to walk the Via de la Plata. The cat is still withholding his consent. Buen Camino and fabulous necklace! SY
Good for you. That is probably the hardest part taken care of!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

View attachment 23049

Wow what a beautiful gift. I think it's actually more beautiful to us Camino addicts because of the significance of the arrows. I don't tend to wear jewellery myself apart from wedding ring and a cocklea on a piece of string bought on the Camino road for 3euro a few years ago. However, I could be persuaded to wear one like yours peregrina 2000!!! Lucky girl! Will your husband be going back to Mexico any time soon??!! Best wishes and enjoy your gift. Annette

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
That's a gorgeous gift! :)

As a newbie to the Camino, I received (my first) microfibre towel, quick dry fleece - and, from a friend who has previously done the camino, a copy of 'The Way' and also a book about two members of an irish family who completed it! I look forward to reading / viewing both, as both are new to me! Lovely gifts :)
You are a lucky lady to have family and friends that are supporting you for your Camino. You will enjoy all the gifts. The book about the Irish family sounds very interesting, could you please tell me the title and author.
Buen camino.

View attachment 23049

View attachment 23049

Wow!! I want one Buen camino

You are a lucky lady to have family and friends that are supporting you for your Camino. You will enjoy all the gifts. The book about the Irish family sounds very interesting, could you please tell me the title and author.
Buen camino.

Sure! It's actually called "Buen Camino: A Father–Daughter Journey from Croagh Patrick to Santiago de Compostela." and it's by Natasha & Peter Murtagh!

As I haven't actually done the camino yet, I feel a bit funny (pre-emptive?) signing off like this, but at the same time, I don't want to seem rude! So, buen camino :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sure! It's actually called "Buen Camino: A Father–Daughter Journey from Croagh Patrick to Santiago de Compostela." and it's by Natasha & Peter Murtagh!

As I haven't actually done the camino yet, I feel a bit funny (pre-emptive?) signing off like this, but at the same time, I don't want to seem rude! So, buen camino :)

Hi Symphony. I did my first Camino last year (2015) from Geneva. One day I was walking on the Camino Primitivo with the wonderful Marika from Finland who I had met on The Way. She asked me when did my Camino start? I knew what she meant. You see, I had started walking on April 6th, but I told her my Camino began the previous November. Marika told me hers began two years before she walked.

You become a pilgrim and 'begin' at the moment you decide to walk. That is the moment you change I think. Enjoy your Camino Symphony, you are going to love it!

Buen Camino!

Davey

Thank you, have a great trip with many memories buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back