• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino comparison summary?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
I'm looking at other Caminos to walk in the coming years. Whilst there is loads of great information here to conduct detailed research, does anyone know if a 'comparison summary' exists?

This would help people narrow down their choices. For example.

Total distance.
% road walking.
Total height gain
Availability of lodging type. I.e. mainly albergues, or a good mix of CR and other options etc.
Length of stages between lodgings. I.e. I need to keep below 25 km.

For example I would guess that on the CF, the average distance between lodgings could be 10-15 km other than 2 or 3 stages? Maybe even less?

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've never come across a side-by-side comparison though I'm sure someone must have compiled one by now. As a second-best while you wait for a better answer it might be worth looking at www.gronze.com : an amazing resource. My Spanish is pretty weak but I find viewing it using Google Chrome browser gives me a fairly sensible translation. You can easily switch between different caminos to make your own comparisons. Hope you find it useful.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Robo, someone has hacked your forum account. They claim you are planning future Caminos and want to stay in albergues. Surely anyone who knows know this is simply not you ;).

I'll change my password right away ! :eek:

And edit the post above to avoid any rumours....:D

I.e. I need to keep below 25 km.

The Camino del Norte, the Camino Primitivo, the Camino Sanabrés, the Camino de Madrid and the Camino Inglés. All of them allow you to keep stages under 25 kms.

Not answering your original question, Robo, but I'd suggest a short 3 to 5 day jaunt from Burgos, the Camino St Olav to Santo Domngo de Silos. Very different from the Frances. Very quiet.
Burgos to Modubar San Cibrian, 18km, almost all off road on a Via Verde
San Cibrian to Mambrillas de Lara, about 29 km, a lot of road walking but genrally very quiet and enjoyable, except for near Revilla de Campo. This can be easily broken up into 2 shorter stages by staying in Revilla.
From Mambrillas to Santo Domingo de Silos, 28kms glorious and almost all off road. You can break it into two by staying at Covarrubias, 18 km from SDdS

Or for more time out there, you could do a stunning loop from Covarrubias to SDdS and return, staying at SDdS.
http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=7862376
And then return to Burgos a different way--on the Lana, via Mecerreyes. That would be altogether a 5-8 day loop through beautiful, very historic, and unpeopled countryside.
But. Sorry, no albergues, except the ones at SDdS and Mecerreyes.:D Very sweet CRs and Pensions.

Your OP? There's a Camino job for you, Robo!;)
Happy planning!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.