A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Conversations: Would you like to be on?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hola all,

In these days of staying at home, you you may (or may not know) I have started to do some things on youtube, indirectly linked to the forum of course. The series is called "Camino Conversations" and the first one was this talk I had with John Brierley.

I would like to keep interviewing "famous" camino people, but also like to hear from normal pilgrims about their walk.... so if you have walked the camino, and would like to share your trip/experience... please let me know.

We could talk about things like:
- How did you travel to/from the Camino?
- Things you forgot to pack... or things you packed that you did not need?
- ...and just in general, things about the trip you would like to talk about.. places you loved, food, ...

Things that someone that has not walked it would worry/ask about...

I am thinking about 10-15 minutes on skype that I would then edit and put up as another episode of "Camino Conversation".

If you are interested, would you please send me a PM?

Stay safe!
Ivar

Camino(s) past & future
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
Well, I saw this thread when it had only one reply. I had a pilgrim in mind before I even scrolled down halfway. With a chuckle I found out a nomination wouldn't be accepted but I did think that maybe an interview with the forum's most prolific poster would be good. But Chris, in post #2, has already turned down the honor. 😂

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I nominate @Rick of Rick and Peg. He is seriously unique as he swings both directions on the pendulum. He is extremely witty/funny, but also a computer whizz, helpful to many here on the forum with their technical questions.

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ),Via San Francesco(2017) Camino Portugese (2018 )Camino Ingles(2019) CF
Hola all,

In these days of staying at home, you you may (or may not know) I have started to do some things on youtube, indirectly linked to the forum of course. The series is called "Camino Conversations" and the first one was this talk I had with John Brierley.

I would like to keep interviewing "famous" camino people, but also like to hear from normal pilgrims about their walk.... so if you have walked the camino, and would like to share your trip/experience... please let me know.

- ...and just in general, things about the trip you would like to talk about.. places you loved, food, ...

I am thinking about 10-15 minutes on skype that I would then edit and put up as another episode of "Camino Conversation".

Stay safe!
Ivar
This was great ! John was a day ahead of me last fall on the Ingles. The alburgue owner where we stayed said " He likes to talk and he likes to drink...nice man " . I think if one is a walking wealth of information, it's good that he shares it and nothing wrong with sharing a glass or two. Thank you both for this interview...Stay safe

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Hola all,

Stay safe!
Ivar
A fantastic idea
I don't ever watch too many of these interviews but this idea is exceptional
Really enjoyed this one
BTW I'm not on Skype..or zoom so that's me out of the picture re interviews!
However I could nominate a few others
I know who you are!!!

danabagg

Camino(s) past & future
'08, '11,'14, 17, 18, 19...all Camino Frances
I would be willing to do one if you thought I could be helpful to others. I’m 73, done the entire Camino Frances 3 times, & done parts 3 other times (in ‘08, 11,14,17, 18 & 19) can only carry 12 lbs. (5.4 liters), stay in mostly albergues, I am not an expert, but I do LOVE the Camino!!!!!! Use me if you'd like.

After watching your first two excellent interviews...it looks like you're looking for people who have an area of expertise (i.e. travel guides, etc.) & can give out valuable information. (I'm not that as I'm just a pilgrim)

Last edited:

danielle aird

La vie est belle
Camino(s) past & future
May 2018; September 2018; May 2019; Sept (2019)
Hola all,

Stay safe!
Ivar
I have been listening to these conversations and find them interesting. Thank you for that initiative. Stay well.

Rex

One Step at a Time
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Santiago (2013)
Lisboa to Santiago (2018)
via Francigena (1st Half ~ 6/2021)
Great idea, Ivar. Enjoyed the first couple of shows. There are soooo many interesting people who post here and this is a good way to hear their backstory and experiences.
Hope Spain's recovery and the subsequent re-opening of the Camino routes is sooner than you expect!!

Cheers!

Camino(s) past & future
may/june (2018)
This is a great idea Ivar. I would love to WATCH a really diverse range of people...men, women, young, 'mature', first timers, veterans, different nationalities, backgrounds, different abilities...you get the idea. (and I'd love to see a funny one too - maybe from Andy wild if he's still around?)

I'd nervously be willing to be interviewed myself if you are want some volunteers - I've only done one camino and I'm certainly not famous! (although I do have a creative camino book coming out later in the year - that is if the publisher can still honour our contract in this Covid 19 time). You asked for a PM...but I don't know what that means?

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
You asked for a PM...but I don't know what that means?
If click on Ivar's avatar/picture it will open a dialogue box, then click on "start a conversation", this is a private message function or a PM

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Via De La Plata, Camino De Madrid, The Oberstrasse, Camino Ingles, Camino Portugues
Not sure who would be interested but I would be happy to talk about my 2000 camino that led to the creation of the caminosantiagocompostella.com website that used to be used by pilgrims to be to get infrmation when there was so little available online.

Lynn C O'Hara

Mainelynn
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2016) Norte, Primitivo (2017), Portugues (2018), Finisterre/Muxia (2016)
Thank you, Ivar and John, for the discussion. I would have been walking the Mozarabe to the VdlP, Sanabrés, to Santiago right now, for my fifth Camino, and it was nice to hear from the man whose guidebook was my bible for my very first.
As a retired long time international flight attendant I have traveled the world, seen so many sights, met kings and queens (among them Queen Sofía, who I served on my flight), hiked in many countries (including the Appalachian Trail whose terminus is in my state of Maine), but no place, no one has touched my soul like the Caminos de Santiago. I anxiously await my return. It pains me to think I had layovers in Madrid on and off for so many years, and I didn’t know the Camino existed. The Way, and then John, introduced me to a world I never want to leave.
I so appreciate the Forum and while I don’t often comment, I take away so many good thoughts from those who do.
Thank you for providing news of a place we all treasure.
Lynn

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock