• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Camino/COVID

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you for that - they are working at it!

'Plan your meal' is interesting ... refugio kitchens probably closed ... who is to say that any cafe in that village will be open? - so if anyone is going I think carrying a supply of food will be important. (take a tin opener).

No mention of sleeping arrangements, though there does seem to be a new app to check capacity.

No mention of churches, mass, etc.

'healings will not be performed, go to health centre' - so no first aid mission for me this year.

2021 for me, at the earliest .... even then .... :(

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Leave your pack behind and carry a backpack spray unit instead - there's going to be a lot of furniture in the rest areas to sanitize - but they mean well

If you're brave enough to do it then Buen Camino!

Which app is that?
I think it's a misunderstanding to speak of a new app. When you actually read the QR code on the poster, it leads you to the Camino app of the Spanish Geographical Institute IGN that has been around for quite some time. The current version 2.04 in the App Store is at least 6 months old. Any other similar Camino app will do if it has a list of accommodation with an indication of the number of beds. And then take into account that they now may have fewer beds available than indicated.

QR code.jpg
Camino app.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think it's a misunderstanding to speak of a new app
The IGN app mentioned on the poster of recommendations for pilgrims only lists accommodation, opening times etc. There is talk of a new app for booking beds in the public albergues of Galicia but la app de reservas en albergues estará lista en un máximo de 2 meses so presumably in August or September but not now. It's not just about developing an app, such a new app will need to get its data somehow from the albergues in real time ...

I think it's a misunderstanding to speak of a new app. When you actually read the QR code on the poster, it leads you to the Camino app of the Spanish Geographical Institute IGN that has been around for quite some time. The current version 2.04 in the App Store is at least 6 months old. Any other similar Camino app will do if it has a list of accommodation with an indication of the number of beds. And then take into account that they now may have fewer beds available than indicated.

View attachment 77983
View attachment 77984

BEWARE! This IGN app is far from complete and in the case around my area also incorrect. Albergue Villares de Orbigo has been here for 10 years and does not show up on the app, nor the other one here which is two years old. Instead they post information for albergue in Santibanez, 2 km further on. I already informed the authorities but no change has been made. I heard from others with albergues that the information is also incorrect.

Too bad, our tax money goes to this.

Found it thought provoking....I disagree however with the advice of letting albergue personnel stamp your credential....think it better no one touch it at all. Stamp it upon arriving when you can wash your hands thereafter. And skip any unnecessary stamps. Honestly if, I were traveling right now, I might carry a credential and forego most stamps period!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I disagree however with the advice of letting albergue personnel stamp your credential....think it better no one touch it at all. Stamp it upon arriving when you can wash your hands thereafter.
You think it's better when nobody else touches your credential and the Spanish national and regional governments - did you notice all the logos at the bottom of the poster? - think it is better when nobody else touches their stamps for putting sellos into credentials. I strongly suspect that we may disagree but we have no say in this matter 🤭.

I am far away from any Spanish camino but I am idly wondering now whether all the self-service stamps in churches and bars along the Camino Francés have disappeared. Anyone knows? @LTfit?

You think it's better when nobody else touches your credential and the Spanish national and regional governments - did you notice all the logos at the bottom of the poster? - think it is better when nobody else touches their stamps for putting sellos into credentials. I strongly suspect that we may disagree but we have no say in this matter 🤭.

I am far away from any Spanish camino but I am idly wondering now whether all the self-service stamps in churches and bars along the Camino Francés have disappeared. Anyone knows? @LTfit?

“And skip any unnecessary stamps. Honestly if, I were traveling right now, I might carry a credential and forego most stamps period!”

I would agree to skipping Stamps completely. .. just bringing a credential should be enough for accommodations until there is a vaccine?

Good question but I can't help you out. Ask @Rebekah Scott, Moratinos church has a stamp so she should know.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you for that - they are working at it!

'Plan your meal' is interesting ... refugio kitchens probably closed ... who is to say that any cafe in that village will be open? - so if anyone is going I think carrying a supply of food will be important. (take a tin opener).

No mention of sleeping arrangements, though there does seem to be a new app to check capacity.

No mention of churches, mass, etc.

'healings will not be performed, go to health centre' - so no first aid mission for me this year.

2021 for me, at the earliest .... even then .... :(

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Status
Not open for further replies.