A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Cross-stitch designs anyone?

insightful-ear

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2008, 2017, 2018
Via de la Plata 2015
Ingles 2015
Hospitalera - Rabanal del Camino 2015
I have picked up my old hobby of cross-stitch and wonder if anyone has designed a patter with a camino logo.

B

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
1566961361605.png
pattern is available to buy here

1566961382827.png
can buy this game of the goose pattern here

1566961399619.png
can buy the shell pattern here (but really I suspect you could graph it easily enough yourself on graph paper!)

I'm rather fond of the game board one - maybe I'll make it as a game board for my grandkids to play while granny is off walking (don't have any grandkids yet) If you would like to do the same, here are the rules: https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/goose-game-rules.htm

PS I already have a little noughts and crosses game - I crocheted a "board" and the noughts and crosses are those tacky wee pilgrim figurines and mojons from tourist shops in Santiago!

Last edited:

Clarky19

Wandering & wondering
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Invierno 2019
Love these! I've packed a blank piece to stitch during down times as I walk but hadn't realised there were some patterns already.

armymustang

I'm rather fond of the game board one - maybe I'll make it as a game board for my grandkids to play while granny is off walking (don't have any grandkids yet) If you would like to do the same, here are the rules: https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/goose-game-rules.htm
Thank you for sharing that! I just bought the pattern and I found the store in Santiago where I can pick up the games for my kids and my nephews when I arrive there this October. www.ideasperegrinas.es has a store in Santiago and the game is only 10 euros. I can't wait to start on it this winter!

Ekelund

Camino(s) past & future
“It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” Rumi
Hi Rachael of the Kiwi Family, thank you for sharing the beautiful patterns, they are just wonderful. Now I feel like doing some stitching myself.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
@armymustang please do share when you’re done. And @Ekelund, if you do anything I’d love to see it.

Judit

Camino(s) past & future
CP Lisbon to Porto Jun/Jul 2018. CP Porto to SdC (Coastal and Spiritual Variant) Jun/Jul 2019
I got a copy of the basic Camino marker design from Ancora Crafts about a month ago and I am working my way through it now - it's very simple and so good for when you just want to fall into a meditative stitchy trance and sew without giving the matter too much thought. Great for the lengthy train journeys I've been on in the last month. I decided to do mine using white Aida 18 point (principally because I'd already got some) and and also stitching the background in blue. Love the other patterns as well, many thanks for posting them Rachel.

Camino(s) past & future
Norte (2017-18)
Portugues (2015)
Frances (2014)
I remember a needlework shop on one of the little streets of the city center in Santiago...still working on the cross stitch of the Catedral. (I think the original photo was taken at the "golden hour" about sunset as there is a lot of goldish tone to the colors.) They sold patterns and I think also kits. But that was 2015.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock