• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Costa Brava???

It seems wherever I go hiking in Spain since my camino adventure I can't get awat from yellow arrows and shells now. I've just spent a couple of weeks hiking along Costa Brava (February. Out of season - best time to visit). I kept noticing shells and arrows everywhere. But, Costa Brava? Where does this route start?

I walked from Sant Feliou de Guixols north to the French boarder at Portbou (some of the hiking was surprisingly beautiful and quiet BTW). Even some local hiking maps marked 'The Way of Saint James' for some routes. I thought I knew all routes within Spain. Apparently not.

And, another Catalunya question. I'm currently staying in a tiny village about 20KM West of Vic. Montserat is not far away. The village has a little Saint James statue thing. Is this usual for villages off 'established' routes in Spain?

Have to admit, it would be pure hell, but I quite like the idea of tackling Camino Costa Brava in July :)

Some pics on my blog...

http://www.thelostphotographer.blogspot.com

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There is a main route out of Montserrat, but I think that there are some lesser ones, including the Via Augusta and the Camino of Loyola through Manresa, and so you may be on one of those routes, or on a feeder trail. If I may ask which village/pueblo you are in?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks.

There are many, many good hiking trails in this part of Spain. Most follow old cattle droving routes from village to village. Beautiful, solitary hiking. I may take a second look at the Girona route and see if I can follow a path from this village back to the coast.

I'm in a tiny pueblo called Torre d' Orista which is close to a small village called Orista about half way between Manressa and Vic. I am currently WiFi-ing outside a XV Century church in a viallage called Sant Feliu Sassera. Sadly, can't find enough work here to cover costs of keeping a base, so I'm moving back to Granada, but will revisit many times I'm sure.

It was just the idea of pilgrims hiking their way along Costa Brava promenades during July that amused me :D

The Generalitat, (the Catalan government) has a published guide to this route which you can download as a pdf, available in several languages, including English. The link:

http://www.gencat.cat/diue/doc/doc_22150897_1.pdf

The maps are a little fuzzy, but if you go to the local ayuntamiento, they may have printed pamphlets. The way seems to be well marked from Vic back to the coast. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back