Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Invierno Backpack Transfer

StFina

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
Does anyone know if backpack transfers are available on the Camino de Invierno? Seems like Jacotrans and others concentrate on the Camino Frances. I am having shoulder surgery this week, and carrying a pack in April might be problematic. Much thanks - Steve

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
correos bring your pack Mondays to Fridays but not in weekends or other public holydays on the Invierno. I used them for some of my days on the Invierno in May. You can't book it on the website but if you mail them you can book via mail and prepay by bank.

correos bring your pack Mondays to Fridays but not in weekends or other public holydays on the Invierno. I used them for some of my days on the Invierno in May. You can't book it on the website but if you mail them you can book via mail and prepay by bank.
WOW, that is great news, @ranthr. So glad you were able to clear that up. I will definitely make this item my first entry in my folder for "Invierno 2019 guide revisions."

OOPS, when I went to start this folder on my word processor, I realized that the 2019 guide was just published. I should have said that these are the first notes for the 2020 guide revisions!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
WOW, that is great news, @ranthr. So glad you were able to clear that up. I will definitely make this item my first entry in my folder for "Invierno 2019 guide revisions."

OOPS, when I went to start this folder on my word processor, I realized that the 2019 guide was just published. I should have said that these are the first notes for the 2020 guide revisions!
I mailed and asked since I did not find this camino on their packmochila web site. I used them all possible days, and one Saturday Ean offered to bring my bp to Chantada. Correos might of course have changed it this year, but they usually do not start until March except for the last part of Camino Francés, so it is best to mail them. I have used Correos twice and it has worked very well. In both cases I booked and paid ahead, sending a list of my places to stay. I made changes too and that worked well to.

paqmochila@correos.com +34 683440022
I think the phonenumber is a Santiagonumber. I had one call and they spoke English, but I think it is easier to email.

The reason you were told Correos did not cover the Invierno must have been because of the time of year. When I e-mailed in June, I was told they do it until Oct. 31, but only on weekdays. But I don't know when they start.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am wondering if anyone knows the status of this service now (June 2022). I just checked the Correro’s website and they do not list the Invierno. I’m going to email the and see, but I thought I would check on the forum also.

I am wondering if anyone knows the status of this service now (June 2022). I just checked the Cordero’s website and they do not list the Invierno. I’m going to email the and see, but I thought I would check on the forum also.

I think there are two newer possibilities if Correos isn’t doing the Invierno (my memory is that they do it only seasonally, but like others, I remember meeting someone a few years ago who was using Correos).

@El Cascayal used Taxi Angel.

@Peregrino andante used Bar Mar in Sobadelo.

Edited to add screen shot of Bar Mar’s numbers and description of services, including lodging.

907B3EA0-26ED-41F8-B8DD-8FCF32D1C1BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Try Correos again using paqmochila@correos.com

I asked them about the Norte last week and got this strange reply.

The luggage transportation service on the Winter Way is a bit different from the other ways . The Winter Way is operational from Monday to Friday and the cost per suitcase/backpack is € 25 per stage.

It was a mistake of course and they replied about the Norte but it seems they may do the Invierno but at a significant premium.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Manuel Mar of Bar Mar in Sobradelo does pack transportation year round from Ponferrada to Santiago and has the best prices and reliable service.
We are currently on the CF and planning to follow the Invierno route. Please can you advise how to find and contact Manuel Mar from Ponferrada - and how you booked the transfers along the route? Was it by phone, email or online? We would welcome any other thread links, suggestions for booking ahead etc. We are 65 & 69, and on our second CF so not total noobies - but not able to carry all our kit so transfer this time is needed. 🙏🙏👍

In post #8, I put a screenshot of Bar Mar’s announcement. You can see the email address, and two telephone numbers. The first number, beginning with a nine, is a landline. The second is a mobile number. Probably the most efficient way to contact them would be to use WhatsApp to the mobile number.
Thank you - I am sorry I missed you post #8 although I do remember thinking it odd nobody had asked for it. My brains are ‘sun-scorched’ here on the CF. 🙏👣👍

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just to update above, I have today been in touch with Manuel at Casamar via WhatsApp using google translate. My Camino Invierno begins from Ponferrada on 22nd April, next month, he was very quick to reply and most helpful. He is currently charging €6 per stage, very reasonable IMO. My back is currently being most troublesome and sending bags forward will be a huge relief. His number is +34 639 241 939. All other info see above from peregrina2000.

I did not notice this until today. I actually used Manuel Mar’s transfer from Ponferrada to Santiago and stayed at his Bar Mar in Sobradelo. He is not only a great guy, he transports in November and is reliable and has lower prices than others.

WhatsApp Señor Mar (+34 639 24 19 39) from your accommodation in Ponferrada with instructions in Spanish (use Google translate if necessary - I did) to collect and transfer for the following night. Leave your bag, where advised by your host, with €6 in cash, before 8 am. Sr Mar will reply (briefly - he's a man of few words.) You will find your bag at your next night's lodging. Repeat. It's worked fine for me. He goes all the way from Ponferrada to SdC and is very reliable,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

After doing the Camino Portugués Central (loved it), then Sarria to SdC (hmmm), I’ve very excited to start the Invierno today as my final Camino of this trip before heading home. Anything the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back