Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Invierno in October

Roberto Mitelpunkt

El peregrino judeo.
Time of past OR future Camino
Aragones, Invierno
Hola Amigos Peregrinos
I will start the Camino de Invierno next October 20.
I'll appreciate any comments, advice, tips, etc.
Thanks
Roberto, el peregrino xudeo.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola Amigos Peregrinos
Thanks
Hola, Roberto,

This is beautiful Camino and I hope that weather will be nice for you.
All you have to know about Invierno you can find in this subforum and downloadable forum guide here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-de-invierno.46/
Hope you will report back.

Ultreia!

Exciting! Are you going to blogg/Facebook your pilgrimage?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola Amigos Peregrinos
Thanks

Hi, Roberto,
The guide KinkyOne refers to has been a real labor of love among forum members. We all think the Invierno is super special and have tried to give good and up to date information. Corrections and suggestions are always welcome, of course, because we'll be putting together a 2017 update in a few months.

Hope you have a wonderful walk. And I know I speak for a lot of us when I say we'd love to hear how it goes for you. Buen camino, Laurie

Hola, Roberto.

If I wasn't so busy I'd join you!!!!!!!!

As KinkyOne and peregrina2000 have said, this is a very special route and you are going to love it.

There are plenty of threads and blogs on here with stacks of useful information. If there's anything specific you still need to know after you've looked at the excellent downloadable forum guide (fantastic detail), I'm sure any of us would be all too happy to help out.

Buen Camino!

Hi people and many thanks for your advices and encouregement.
YES! I did it, I walked the Camino de Invierno from Ponferrada to Chantada and enjoyed it SOOOO MUCH!
I wouldn't be able to do it without making changes, significant changes, to the original plan of sections.
I'm 70 y old and the plan is of sections of 35 km + - a day. Not human.
So with the help of Asunción Arias, president of Asociación Amigos del Camino de Invierno we reorganize the trek into sections of about 20 km a day. It was also very useful the service PAQ MOCHILA by Correos.
I didn't met ANYONE in all my walking, except one guy at night in the albergue who run away in the morning.
I'm an incurable solo walker and this was great.
Landscapes are magnificent and accomodations were very fine (hostales and pensiones)
I WARMLY RECOMMEND THIS WAY!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Glad that you enjoyed it, Roberto. It's definitely one of the most scenic routes and, if you like peace and quiet instead of lots of other walkers in front of or behind you, it's marvellous.

Asún is such a lovely lady.

Hi people and many thanks for your advices and encouregement.
YES! I did it, I walked the Camino de Invierno from Ponferrada to Chantada and enjoyed it SOOOO MUCH!
I wouldn't be able to do it without making changes, significant changes, to the original plan of sections.
I'm 70 y old and the plan is of sections of 35 km + - a day. Not human.
So with the help of Asunción Arias, president of Asociación Amigos del Camino de Invierno we reorganize the trek into sections of about 20 km a day. It was also very useful the service PAQ MOCHILA by Correos.
I didn't met ANYONE in all my walking, except one guy at night in the albergue who run away in the morning.
I'm an incurable solo walker and this was great.
Landscapes are magnificent and accomodations were very fine (hostales and pensiones)
I WARMLY RECOMMEND THIS WAY!
Wow, so glad to hear back from you Roberto. Can you list your stages? I'm sure there are others who would enjoy the 20 km a day plan, too.

One more voice added to the chorus that keeps singing -- The Invierno is a beautiful, wonderful camino! Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back