• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino de Levante is on....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm still shocked (but happy) to see so many forum member walking the Levante this year. It really is a burst :)

And I adore those panoramic photos. Keep them coming. One question though, why are you holding your camera/phone vertical when taking videos? It's a bit annoying because I always feel like some kind of a voyeur peeping through the fence bars :D

Thanks for posting and Ultreia!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm still shocked (but happy) to see so many forum member walking the Levante this year. It really is a burst :)

And I adore those panoramic photos. Keep them coming. One question though, why are you holding your camera/phone vertical when taking videos? It's a bit annoying because I always feel like some kind of a voyeur peeping through the fence bars :D

Thanks for posting and Ultreia!

Can't resist posting this link. My daughter sent it to me after I posted a "vertical video."

But seriously, whether the phone is used vertically or horizontally, I am enjoying the results tremendously. Great pictures, many thanks. There is certainly a big uptick in Levante pilgrims this year!
I don't think my feet would still be functioning if I walked 65 km, though. Note that @PlutseligPilegrim is on Day 7 in San Clemente. I thought I walked at a pretty decent pace (more because of the insistence of my French buddies than my own desires), and we walked into San Clemente on Day 11!

Buen camino, Laurie

Hihihihi, I was there on my Day 16 :eek::rolleyes:o_O

But I like that expression VVS (Vertical Video Syndrome). I'm a film director by profession and I notice in a sec what and how people are doing this. There isn't any/enough education about it, I guess, because people just couldn't be that stupid. If you ask yourself how you see things and how the movies in the theaters are shown one should understand that in a part of a second. In my eyes it's just that it's more handy to held phone vertically the same way when you making a phone call. Laziness of mind I suppose. But I agree with you all the way. Better anything than nothing :D

PS (Don't want to be disrespectful to anyone with my angle of [professional] view on that vertical/horizontal topic!!! And also sorry for "attempting" hijacking the thread ;) )

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hahahaha, I remember that foam mat in hair-dressers classroom in SvdP :D
Funny place but showers and toilets were impeccable when I was there. Enjoy short walk tomorrow (although mostly along the autovia) and quite nice town of Medina del Campo. Don't forget to visit the castle and try to stay in the monastery. It's much much closer to the main Plaza than albergue turistico you'll see on the entrance to the town to your left. You'll love single bed and your own room for 10€ after this night ;)

Ultreia!

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back