• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid - Albergues 2017 -

lettinggo

Hola

I walked Camino de Madrid in August 2017 and found this free List of Albergues from La Asociación de Amigos de Korea. Authors are Hector Rodriguez and Felix Maquedano Bellas.

My primary guide was The Pilgrim Guide from The Confraternity of Saint James and Gronze.com.
I also used Wikiloc and at times it was helpful; leaving Madrid and in the early mornings before sunrise.

The first 3-4 days before you reach Segovia can be a little 'difficult' as lodging is sparse and the days can be either short or very long.
I recommend to bring extra water these days, as the water supplies are few.
After Segovia it is easier to walk 'normal' days and stay at Albergues Municipal or Monasteries.

If you leave Medina de Rioseco in the early morning in summer do NOT walk along the canal.
Instead select the old Camino road.
The walk along the canal is 1,5-2 hours and will in season be full of mosquitos that will bring much agony to you.

I walked from Madrid to Leon and it took 2 weeks.
The temperatures were +36 °C at times so bring a hat!:)

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Edited: July 2018 so the albergue in Medina de Rioseco is not marked as closed.

Attachments

• Camino-de-Madrid-Albergues-July2018.jpg
    Camino-de-Madrid-Albergues-July2018.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola

I walked Camino de Madrid in August 2017 and found this free List of Albergues from La Asociación de Amigos de Korea. Authors are Hector Rodriguez and Felix Maquedano Bellas.

My primary guide was The Pilgrim Guide from The Confraternity of Saint James and Gronze.com.
I also used Wikiloc and at times it was helpful; leaving Madrid and in the early mornings before sunrise.

The first 3-4 days before you reach Segovia can be a little 'difficult' as lodging is sparse and the days can be either short or very long.
After Segovia it is easier to walk 'normal' days and stay at Albergues Municipal or Monasteries.

If you leave Medina de Rioseco in the early morning in summer do NOT walk along the canal.
The walk along the canal is 1,5-2 hours and will in season be full of mosquitos that will bring much agony to you.

I walked from Madrid to Leon and it took 13 days.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo
Hi, Lettinggo,

I too had nasty experience with mosquitos on that stretch but only at the old mill and few hundred meters after it on the way to Tamariz de Campos. Another time I will walk Camino de Madrid I will try the old track. Actually there are two old tracks but I guess you mean the one on the disused narrow gauge RR?

Of course not all of the albergues on CdM are mentioned in the leaflet you posted but you already know that :)
There are albergues but also acogidas municipal like the Korean albergue in Madrid, cellar of Tres Cantos Ayuntamiento, Ray y Rosa in Manzanares el Real (http://www.rayyrosa.com/), two years old albergue in Mataelpino, polideportivo and two youth hostels in Cercedilla and so on. If anyone interested I can provide really complete list.

I found this spreadsheet of accommodation on the Camino de Madrid really useful, albeit that it is dated from 2015. I contacted the Amigos to confirm a couple of details and they responded quickly.

I absolutely loved the walk along the canal out of Medina de Rioseco - in early May there was no sign of any mozzies, just fluffy seedheads carpeting the path and the trees leaning towards each other over the river reminded me of a cathedral ceiling. So peaceful and one of the highlights of my camino. On the other hand my friend found it totally boring. Vive la difference!

leaving Medina de Rioseco.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Lettinggo,

I too had nasty experience with mosquitos on that stretch but only at the old mill and few hundred meters after it on the way to Tamariz de Campos. Another time I will walk Camino de Madrid I will try the old track. Actually there are two old tracks but I guess you mean the one on the disused narrow gauge RR?

Of course not all of the albergues on CdM are mentioned in the leaflet you posted but you already know that :)
There are albergues but also acogidas municipal like the Korean albergue in Madrid, cellar of Tres Cantos Ayuntamiento, Ray y Rosa in Manzanares el Real (http://www.rayyrosa.com/), two years old albergue in Mataelpino, polideportivo and two youth hostels in Cercedilla and so on. If anyone interested I can provide really complete list.
I would love a list, if you don't mind.

I found this spreadsheet of accommodation on the Camino de Madrid really useful, albeit that it is dated from 2015. I contacted the Amigos to confirm a couple of details and they responded quickly.

I absolutely loved the walk along the canal out of Medina de Rioseco - in early May there was no sign of any mozzies, just fluffy seedheads carpeting the path and the trees leaning towards each other over the river reminded me of a cathedral ceiling. So peaceful and one of the highlights of my camino. On the other hand my friend found it totally boring. Vive la difference!

View attachment 36086

Hola

Yes. I am sure it can be a wonderful walk out of Medina, but my warning is for season of mosquitos and early in the morning before daybreak.
The picture looks really nice.

Lettinggo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, Lettinggo,

Hi! I would love a complete list if possible. Thank you!

@Magwood I have a little notation on my spreadsheet that says to use the path on the right side of the canal (i’ll have found that advice on one of the forum threads no doubt). Is your photo taken looking back where you have come from or is my advice incorrect?
Ordinarily I would just work it out when I get there but I know this is going to be my marathon day as the convent is closed so i’d rather avoid backtracking!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@Magwood I have a little notation on my spreadsheet that says to use the path on the right side of the canal (i’ll have found that advice on one of the forum threads no doubt). Is your photo taken looking back where you have come from or is my advice incorrect?
Ordinarily I would just work it out when I get there but I know this is going to be my marathon day as the convent is closed so i’d rather avoid backtracking!!

Hola Kiwi

When you leave Medina de Rioseco and want to follow the canal I walked the path is on the right hand side.
There are a few bridges along the way and after about 2 hours the trail will leave the canal.
As I wrote in an earlier post, do be aware of the mosquitos earlin in the morning in season.
Once you are on the path there are not really any option for braking away from it and you have to continue for the 1,5-2 hours. It is a very very long time if you are attacked by a large numbers of mosquitos.

I hope this helps.
Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Thanks for your advices. Unfortunately I can't open the PDF, do you have a web link for me?
Greetings from Germany

Thanks for your advices. Unfortunately I can't open the PDF, do you have a web link for me?
Greetings from Germany

Hola Germany

That is strange.
I have checked the pdf and it should be allright, but here is a jpeg which I hope will help you.
I turned down the resolution to minimize the size, so do let me know if it is to poor quality.

Hope this helps :)

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Attachments

• Camino-de-Madrid-Albergues-July2018.jpg
    Camino-de-Madrid-Albergues-July2018.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola Germany

That is strange.
I have checked the pdf and it should be allright, but here is a jpeg which I hope will help you.
I turned down the resolution to minimize the size, so do let me know if it is to poor quality.

Hope this helps :)

Buen Camino
Lettinggo
View attachment 40602
Thanks a lot, this works now. Maybe my PDF reader is on strike. :)

Hola

I walked from Madrid to Leon and it took 2 weeks.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Hola

Have a look here kevin hill.

I hope this helps :)
Lettinggo

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back