• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid April 5, 2018

MileHighPair

Time of past OR future Camino
Many, many Caminos, mostly past maybe some future.
We're two short days out of Madrid. We have really appreciated all of the recent updates from @OzAnnie and others who have commented on her thread. I'll be blogging at ourboatleavestheharbor.blogspot when Wi-Fi is adequate. If we see something along the way that seems critical, we'll try to post it on this thread or even a new subject specific thread. The stream leading up to Colmenar Viego was manageable today, pictures on the blog. Bien Camino to all who follow.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We're two short days out of Madrid. We have really appreciated all of the recent updates from @OzAnnie and others who have commented on her thread. I'll be blogging at ourboatleavestheharbor.blogspot when Wi-Fi is adequate. If we see something along the way that seems critical, we'll try to post it on this thread or even a new subject specific thread. The stream leading up to Colmenar Viego was manageable today, pictures on the blog. Bien Camino to all who follow.

Buen camino, beautiful pictures! If the number of forum members walking is any indication, you should find even more pilgrims as you walk on.

But my off-topic question has to do with your blog. I tried to start a blog on blogspot.com (blogger was the name of the app) but it kept crashing and someone told me it is no longer available. Obviously it is available if you are using it! I see online that it might be only available for android and not iphones, is that possible? I really loved blogspot, and like the format better than findpenguins, which I was able to figure out in a rush after arriving in France and being unable to post.

Looking forward to more! Laurie

Buen camino, beautiful pictures! If the number of forum members walking is any indication, you should find even more pilgrims as you walk on.

But my off-topic question has to do with your blog. I tried to start a blog on blogspot.com (blogger was the name of the app) but it kept crashing and someone told me it is no longer available. Obviously it is available if you are using it! I see online that it might be only available for android and not iphones, is that possible? I really loved blogspot, and like the format better than findpenguins, which I was able to figure out in a rush after arriving in France and being unable to post.

Looking forward to more! Laurie
My blogger app keeps crashing also. For this trip I am using the online blogger website, but it is not user friendly at all. I was very frustrated this afternoon trying to get the format correct. You can see the pictures are different sizes for the last two days.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What is your blog site please? I would love to read it as walking this route in June.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you! That river crossing looks tricky...
Yep, although I didn't experienced it because I took a wrong turn at overthrown mojon and climb up to the right to bici path alongside the autovia. Nice views over the valley, CV and Guadarrama but I won't make that mistake this year. Just follow the river and pass the cemetery and you'll be in CV.

Attached is a photo from the bici path.

Attachments

• 0046-panoramic view of Colmenar Viejo (Tres Cantos - Manzanares el Real, 21.06.14).jpg
    0046-panoramic view of Colmenar Viejo (Tres Cantos - Manzanares el Real, 21.06.14).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
Yes, during very wet periods I'd say the bike path is best, but June should be dry.

The police in Cercedilla told us there is 0.5 meters of snow on the pass, so we caught the 1:30 pm train to Segovia. That city is amazing. Pictures on the blog. Cool wet spring.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The police in Cercedilla told us there is 0.5 meters of snow on the pass, so we caught the 1:30 pm train to Segovia. That city is amazing. Pictures on the blog. Cool wet spring.
Given the rise of the forum members taking Madrid in spring I'm expecting similar threads as for Route Napoleon on CF: "Is Fuenfria Pass open yet?" from next year on :)

From Añe to Santa Maria la Real. Well marked, but a tough 11 km in a freezing, wind blown rain. The albergue does not open until 1pm, so we are waiting in the medical clinic behind the church. Warm and dry. Several shops here, but nothing in Añe or along the way this morning. We intended on a longer day, but had to stop for safety sake.

From Añe to Santa Maria la Real. Well marked, but a tough 11 km in a freezing, wind blown rain. The albergue does not open until 1pm, so we are waiting in the medical clinic behind the church. Warm and dry. Several shops here, but nothing in Añe or along the way this morning. We intended on a longer day, but had to stop for safety sake.
I really thought you’d chosen the right time. The weather hasn’t changed much in weeks.
Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I really thought you’d chosen the right time. The weather hasn’t changed much in weeks.
Buen Camino.
I know! I am watching the weather too as I am off at the start of June to walk the Madrid and Salvador.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
About the fork on the Camino about 8 km before Alcazarén. As of today the sandy roads on the right hand fork are perfect. It is definitely shorter to go right, and you'd have a good bit of shade too.

About 10 km past Alcazarén you come to a highway. If you follow the arrows, they take you across the river and then north. After about 3 km you have to cross a large stream. In dry times there is a low bridge, but right now the water is about 1 foot deep flowing over the bridge, and about 12 feet across. One pilgrim got a ride across on a tractor yesterday.

We returned to Cercedilla and did the mountain pass today. It is possible, but we walked on top of deep, old snow for 2 or 3 kilometers. No other pilgrims, two local hikers.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We returned to Cercedilla and did the mountain pass today. It is possible, but we walked on top of deep, old snow for 2 or 3 kilometers. No other pilgrims, two local hikers.
That's very welcoming info because one of our group of three wants to walk it on Sunday.

OTOH I won't and I'll be in Segovia on Sat and Zamarramala on Sun. Monday to Ane.

K1

That's very welcoming info because one of our group of three wants to walk it on Sunday.

OTOH I won't and I'll be in Segovia on Sat and Zamarramala on Sun. Monday to Ane.

K1
Kinky. Say hello to our friends in zama jesus at the restauraunt and the fruit guy. Tell em ill see them jyne1 or2.Ane has new micro wave and some utinsles. At least laat year. Who knows now. BC

Kinky. Say hello to our friends in zama jesus at the restauraunt and the fruit guy. Tell em ill see them jyne1 or2.Ane has new micro wave and some utinsles. At least laat year. Who knows now. BC
You can be sure I'll say hello for you to "mi hermano republicano" (i.e. tbe fruite guy). Four years since I met and last seen him.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.