• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid memory blanket

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I have finished my Camino de Madrid blanket which was inspired by the colours captured in my photos - lots and lots of creamy buttery brown fields and buildings, a few grey stone castles, the odd greenery, brilliant blue skies and the most stunning sunrises. The border echoes my grey walking shorts and pink shirt - just for fun!

But.....most of these colours occurred for only a short portion of the day and my enduring memory is of lots of brown. Before this camino brown was not my favourite colour - now I have fallen in love....which called for another blanket (it will be the same size and stitch - a series, perhaps)
And a hilly ripple blanket to remember the hilly San Salvador/Primitivo is waiting patiently to be finished (at first I was only going to do that one but it didn’t capture the difference of the Madrid route so I had to do a dedicated Madrid one - a nice little one seeing as I walked alone....why there are two blankets when there was only one route and one of me is as inexplicable anomaly!)
My pile of Camino Blankets is starting to look a bit crazy, but each one makes me smile.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
They are so beautiful! I can see the hills on the Salvadore in your blanket! Being from a flat part of Canada I must say that I remember them as much higher 😜

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have finished my Camino de Madrid blanket which was inspired by the colours captured in my photos - lots and lots of creamy buttery brown fields and buildings, a few grey stone castles, the odd greenery, brilliant blue skies and the most stunning sunrises. The border echoes my grey walking shorts and pink shirt - just for fun!
View attachment 52699

But.....most of these colours occurred for only a short portion of the day and my enduring memory is of lots of brown. Before this camino brown was not my favourite colour - now I have fallen in love....which called for another blanket (it will be the same size and stitch - a series, perhaps)
View attachment 52700
And a hilly ripple blanket to remember the hilly San Salvador/Primitivo is waiting patiently to be finished (at first I was only going to do that one but it didn’t capture the difference of the Madrid route so I had to do a dedicated Madrid one - a nice little one seeing as I walked alone....why there are two blankets when there was only one route and one of me is as inexplicable anomaly!)
View attachment 52701
My pile of Camino Blankets is starting to look a bit crazy, but each one makes me smile.
Wow! You are one of the most productive people I have ever had the privilege to get to know. These are wonderful blankets and what fabulous memories inspired them.

What beautiful and precious blankets! You are an inspiration, I do quilts and I have thought I would like to do a Camino quilt. Now I'll move on and actually do something about it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Love that thought @Kamga!
In the meantime, here’s “Recuperation” that I made at my father-in-law’s hospital beside:

And “Rest and Relaxation” that I made when his real life recuperation took longer than expected and I had to calm my head and heart by keeping my hands busy:

Then the other couch wanted a covering too:

And people want blankets to snuggle under so there are “Summer Berries”, “Vintage Road Trip”, “Muted Harmony” and the top (nameless) one, which is about as close to not-random colours that I’ve managed to get:52740

Believe it or not, I’ve given away more than I’ve kept!

In the meantime, here’s “Recuperation” that I made at my father-in-law’s hospital beside:
View attachment 52737

And “Rest and Relaxation” that I made when his real life recuperation took longer than expected and I had to calm my head and heart by keeping my hands busy:
View attachment 52738

View attachment 52739

And people want blankets to snuggle under so there are “Summer Berries”, “Vintage Road Trip”, “Muted Harmony” and the top (nameless) one, which is about as close to not-random colours that I’ve managed to get:View attachment 52740

What a wonderful gift to give away, like the names too! Hmm the Summer berries would look quite nice in my interior ;) Thanks for sharing the pictures.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
View attachment 52737

View attachment 52738

View attachment 52739

And people want blankets to snuggle under so there are “Summer Berries”, “Vintage Road Trip”, “Muted Harmony” and the top (nameless) one, which is about as close to not-random colours that I’ve managed to get:View attachment 52740

There is someone in my house who flicks away with her crochet hooks to soothe herself after fraught days, and it works wonders, so I can imagine how peaceful you are as a result of all this lovely work. I introduced someone to a ceramic night class last week. She could not believe how relaxing it was to just not think, but let her fingers speak and shape and form something without words. You are very generous in your giving away. Actually, from what I have read of your posts, you are quite a special person! Take a bow, kiwi-family.

View attachment 52737

View attachment 52738

View attachment 52739

I love recuperation! It is fabulous, they are all fabulous.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back