• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid - mid October start

mlhhome

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (X3), VDLP, Madrid ‘12-‘22
It is time to return to the Camino; 18 months of 'normal life' is enough! Last March (2015) I walked the VDLP and enjoyed the solitude and quiet of the albergues. From all the shared CdM post, I am in for a treat.
My only questions:
- Should I be concerned about albergues on the CdM being open this late in the year?
- Should I arrange for alternative options prior to my departure?

Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don't have first-hand info but just in case nobody could provide you first-hand info:

The web of the Asociación de Amigos de los Caminos de Santiago de Madrid has an updated (May 2016 when I first consulted it; June 2016 when I last edited the post) list of albergues and accommodations along the route that could be useful. You can consult it at one of the links available at: www.demadridalcamino.org/caminomadrid/albergues-y-algo-mas
I took a quick look (i.e.: read it yourself carefully because I could have overlooked relevant info) and the albergue in Puente Duero is the only one when an opening time is specified (and a phone provided to call the rest of the year so it might be possible to get it opened prior request) so, probably, the rest will be opened year round but if you want to play it safe. specially/mainly in town(s) without any other accommodation, you can call the day before (phones are available on the link I provided) and plan accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is time to return to the Camino; 18 months of 'normal life' is enough! Last March (2015) I walked the VDLP and enjoyed the solitude and quiet of the albergues. From all the shared CdM post, I am in for a treat.
My only questions:
- Should I be concerned about albergues on the CdM being open this late in the year?
- Should I arrange for alternative options prior to my departure?

Thanks!

The majority of Albergues I stayed in were run by the local association or Community. I think they should be available or open all year.

Ultreya,
Joe

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I don't have first-hand info but just in case nobody could provide you first-hand info:

www.demadridalcamino/caminomadrid/albergues-y-algo-mas has an updated (May 2016) list of albergues and accommodations along the route that could be useful. I took a quick look (i.e.: read it yourself carefully because I could have overlooked relevant info) and the albergue in Puente Duero is the only one when an opening time is specified (and a phone provided to call the rest of the year so it might be possible to get it opened prior request) so, probably, the rest will be opened year round but if you want to play it safe. specially/mainly in town(s) without any other accommodation, you can call the day before (phones are available on the link I provided) and plan accordingly.

Hi Castillian,

The link doesn't seem to be working or is it just me? I'd like to check before leaving.

Thanks

BP

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nope it doesn't

It works fine for me know so it should work for you too, shouldn't it?

Anyway, if you are able to open the link, be aware you have to click on cuadro general de albergues y servicios to get the list.

And if you aren't able to open the link, try to go to their main page www.demadridalcamino.org (type it yourself if this link doesn't work for you either) and look for the info by yourself (put your mouse over Camino de Santiago, click in Albergues and look for the relevant link).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.