• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid

ScattyT

Hi all,

I've got a few days over easter to walk a short part of the Camino de Madrid and was wondering where in Madrid I can get a Pilgrims passport from?

I only have 3 maybe 4 days to walk and then will have to get a bus back to Madrid for my flight home! If anyone has any hints/ tips or suggestions such as albergues etc. on route I would be really grateful.

I have already walked parts of the Camino Frances and Camino del Norte, but had lots of time to plan for these. The Camino de Madrid though is a very last minute decision so any help or advice would be great!

Thanks alot in advance!

Tanya

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
ScattyT said:
Hi all,

I've got a few days over easter to walk a short part of the Camino de Madrid and was wondering where in Madrid I can get a Pilgrims passport from?

I only have 3 maybe 4 days to walk and then will have to get a bus back to Madrid for my flight home! If anyone has any hints/ tips or suggestions such as albergues etc. on route I would be really grateful.

I have already walked parts of the Camino Frances and Camino del Norte, but had lots of time to plan for these. The Camino de Madrid though is a very last minute decision so any help or advice would be great!

Thanks alot in advance!

Tanya

Hi,

Try this site, I'm told you might be able to get one there.

http://www.demadridalcamino.org/

Asociación de Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Madrid

Hi, ScattyT,

There are several places in Madrid where you can get the credencial:

First, at the Friends' Association: Asociación de Amigos de los Caminos de Santiago de Madrid
Calle Carretas 14, 7, B-1 (metro Sol)
Tlf.:+34 91 5232211
Tuesday and Thursday: 19:00 to 21:00 (year round)
Wednesday: 11:00 to 12:30 (except July and August) and 19:00 to 21:00 (only May, June, July)

You can also get one in the Cathedral (near the Royal Palace), and the Church of Santiago (between the Cathedral and the Puerta del Sol more or less).

I got mine in the Church of Santiago, and the priest was very helpful with a little map, some tips, and of course the first stamp. Going before or after mass is probably the best time to make sure you find someone.

As you can see from my stages here, camino-de-madrid/topic11148.html, four days puts you in Segovia, and there are very frequent (and very fast) trains from there to Madrid, 28 minutes to be exact!

Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
peregrina2000 said:
Hi, ScattyT,

There are several places in Madrid where you can get the credencial:

First, at the Friends' Association: Asociación de Amigos de los Caminos de Santiago de Madrid
Calle Carretas 14, 7, B-1 (metro Sol)
Tlf.:+34 91 5232211
Tuesday and Thursday: 19:00 to 21:00 (year round)
Wednesday: 11:00 to 12:30 (except July and August) and 19:00 to 21:00 (only May, June, July)

You can also get one in the Cathedral (near the Royal Palace), and the Church of Santiago (between the Cathedral and the Puerta del Sol more or less).

I got mine in the Church of Santiago, and the priest was very helpful with a little map, some tips, and of course the first stamp. Going before or after mass is probably the best time to make sure you find someone.

As you can see from my stages here, camino-de-madrid/topic11148.html, four days puts you in Segovia, and there are very frequent (and very fast) trains from there to Madrid, 28 minutes to be exact!

Buen camino, Laurie

You do know Laurie, that you are fast becomming 'the oracle' for Camino Madrid for all us novices. It great to have so much advice and general info available. You are definitely most appreciated.

Torrent :D

Hello! :)
How many days is the walk from Madrid? I have 2,5 weeks of time and trying to find the best route.

Thank You!
Dimce

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Buenas Tardes, I think the guide book says 12 days Madrid to Sahagun where you meet C.F. leadinging to Santiago which might be 2 weeks further rambling. So what is your plan?

Having watched the weather across the Madrid and Frances routes for most of April and have made a decision to postpone the pilgrimage until May. This should allow us to travel somewhat lighter and experience less snow, cold or wet nights. So far, May is shaping up weather wise in Spain. :D

Hi, Torrent,
Good decision! Though the weather is totally unpredictable, I think May is generally much nicer than April. I left Madrid last year sometime in mid-May and it was wonderful -- not too cold, never too hot. And the flowers in the countryside are great at that time of year. Buen camino to you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.