• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
No tips yet, but I am setting out on Thursday and hoped to do almost exactly what you are planning. But I have to bail out sadly at Valladolid on this occasion. I doubt I will be able to add much to what @Undermanager has given us over the past week - he is still there, and still posting, and I feel lucky to be following in such knowledgeable footsteps. :)
And equally useful and interesting, you should also follow Magwood on her journey.

Last edited:
No tips yet, but I am setting out on Thursday and hoped to do almost exactly what you are planning. But I have to bail out sadly at Valladolid on this occasion. I doubt I will be able to add much to what @Undermanager has given us over the past week - he is still there, and still posting, and I feel lucky to be following in such knowledgeable footsteps. :)
And equally useful and interesting, you should also follow Magwood on her journey.
Thanks Tim for posting Maggie's blog. How on earth did I missed that because I love reading her journals :)

Flight booked I will be starting from madrid 30 june so it will be Camino de madrid Camino del Salvador then the Norte from Oviedo hoping to arrive in Santiago for July 25 for the celebrations. Any tips appreciated.
Jerry

Jerry, read above mentioned threads/blogs, maybe take a peak in Camino de Madrid subforum and other threads, download the guide from Resources section, check the infrastructure on either Gronze.com or Mundicamino.com and that's it.

Ultreia for both of you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A dream configuration! I can only comment that you should have a wonderful time. First stage to Sahagun rather solitary, than 2 days of the French "highway" as a break, that also rather solitary, mountainous 4-5 days to Oviedo, than see and Galician hills for a dessert. Do consider planning your last stages strategically (ie. from Arzua on). There are always crowds in Santiago for the feast and it would be the last two days, you'll have particular difficulty to find where to sleep. Either start early, or take shorter stages, or just book in some private albergue. Just not to spoil the great conclusion of the pilgrimage.
Ultreia!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.