A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino de Santiago Associations Worldwide

2020 Camino Guides

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hi, Forum!

Anybody ever came across a list of Camino de Santiago Pilgrim Associations worldwide, from Korea through Spain and over the pond etc.???
I know I could Google it for a few hours and eventualy gather it but I just thought it might already exist. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

K1

Felipe

Veteran Member
For associations in Spanish speaking countries, see this previous thread.
The Mexico chapter is still very active, with monthly meetings at the Cafe Buen Camino. I attend every now and then.

Cafe Buen Camino exterior.jpg

Last edited:

Mournes

Hi, Forum!

Anybody ever came across a list of Camino de Santiago Pilgrim Associations worldwide, from Korea through Spain and over the pond etc.???
I know I could Google it for a few hours and eventualy gather it but I just thought it might already exist. Any ideas?

K1
Hi Kinky One
Camino Ways lists on their website a worldwide list of Camino Associations.

Mournes

Hi Kinky One
Camino Ways lists on their website a worldwide list of Camino Associations.
It is under the heading Camino de Santiago Confraternities and Associations Worldwide.The entry is from 6/5/2012 and I don't know if it has been updated.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
All posts very helpful. Thanks a lot!
I'll try to do an updated list in coming days if nothing else will turn out.

Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016

Botaivica

Camino(s) past & future
May - July 2016
SJPP - Santiago - Finisterra
May 2017
Caminho do Tejo
June 2017
Fatima - Santiago
Hi, Forum!

K1
from Croatia

:cool:

Roland49

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019 July
One of the biggest Associations in Germany is the "Freundeskreis der Jakobuspilger Hermandad Santiago e.V. Paderborn". It's a non-profit club (e.V.) running the "Casa Paderborn" in Pamplona. It's the only Albergue that is accessible on the festivities of S. Fermin.

HTH

jl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
the Australian Friends of the Camino Inc. can be found here

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Hi @KinkyOne ! Do you also want the names of sub-groups of country groups?? That would be a huge list!! ;)
Actually didn't think of that. I thought every national association would have a list of chapters (states/provinces, counties, cities...) included on their websites... But I would be interested if you have such a list. :)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés five times, Madrid two days, Ingles once.
Actually didn't think of that. I thought every national association would have a list of chapters (states/provinces, counties, cities...) included on their websites... But I would be interested if you have such a list. :)
Sorry, K1, I don't have that sort of list. But you're right, all the nationals will have MOST of the chapters listed!!
Thanks for this!!

Anik2001

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Camino Frances (2017), future: Frances again (2020)
I know there is a Canadian association and one in Quebec that is totally different and independent (not a chapter of the Canadian one).

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
I know there is a Canadian association and one in Quebec that is totally different and independent (not a chapter of the Canadian one).
And there are two groups in Toronto. One is the official chapter of the Canadian national association and one that is separate and less official. Some (like me) are members of both.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 319 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 366 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock