• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Santiago for 5 days commencing 9th July in Pamplon

charlyb

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de santiao
I have always wanted to walk along this route and did intend on being better prepared etc but I have made a last minute decision to go to San Fermin as my friend is there and I have free accomodation until Tuesday. But she leaves in her campervan on Tuesday and I have till Sunday to please myself so I thought seeing as though Pamplona is on the route it's a good opportunity to walk it for 4 days. Advice please! I have no books or information, what are the 5 designated stops from Pamplona? Is there a website with a list of accommodation I can book? Is it an easy route to follow, well marked or will I need a decent map? I was thinking it was maybe a good idea to get a bus away from Pamplona and get a good nights sleep ad start in the next village if possible but I don't know where this is or which accommodation is available. Anyway I am sorry for so many questions but would really appreciate any helpful answers!

Thanks

Charlotte

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Charlotte,

Welcome to the Forum!

How lucky you are to have free accommodation in Pamplona in the midst of the San Fermin festival! It should be quite a mob scene there beginning tonight.

For handy on-line lists of pilgrim accommodation and descriptions of the Camino Frances west of Pamplona see these two web sites
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./et ... e-la-reina
and
http://www.mundicamino.com/ruta.cfm?p=d ... pci%C3%B3n

The route of the Camino Frances is easy to follow; just look for the shell symbol or the famous yellow arrows along the way. You certainly will NOT be alone on your walk since summer is a popular time to walk the Camino. Either Puente La Reina or Estella might be a good bus destination/starting point for your walk.

Watch out for those bulls and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

That's brill thank you.

I'm struggling to find a site with a List of hostels on the route I want to walk. Could you help me out with this at all? I got quote £440 for 4 nights accommodation and luggage transfer with a company who over sees it all but it seems an awful lot? Unfortunately I need luggage transfer because I have just come from South America and my bag pack is just too big.

Thanks

Charlotte

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Charlotte,

By hostels I trust that you mean NOT pilgrim albergues but places with private rooms,
Use this Mundicamino site >> http://www.mundicamino.com/ruta.cfm?p=d ... pci%C3%B3n and once it loads click the term Hospedajes on the left on the blue background. A list of regular tourist accommodations in that area will then appear with their references. To see the same in a further stage or etapa click the next higher number in the column on the right.

One of the major transporters of baggage along the camino is Jacotrans. Here is their web >> http://www.jacotrans.com/.

Hope this is useful!

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

John Brierley's guide suggests:

Pamplona to Puente La Reina 24 km
Puente la Reina to Estella 21.9 km
Estella to Los Arcos 21.1 km
Los Arcos to Logrono 28.6 km
Logrono to Najera 30.1 km

Logrono is a transportation hub.

Brilliant thank you! I am having troubles with accomodation near Pamplona so I think maybe it is better to catch a bus to lacronos and start from there.

Just a couple of more questions sorry!

Do I need a pilgrim passport and if so where so I obtain one?

Is there places to get food en route or do I need to take pack lunches?

Thanks in advance!

Charlotte

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sorry for predictive text!

Unless you have any other suggestions to catch a bus to and walk for 5 days? Maybe 30km is a lot for my first day?

Any desirable routes!

Charlotte

Thirty is a lot for the first day.

You need a pilgrim credenciale to stay in albergues, but not hoteles and hostales.

About half the albergues will not accept bags from transport companies.

Pamplona will be a mess from July 6 to July 14.

charlyb said:
Sorry for predictive text!

Unless you have any other suggestions to catch a bus to and walk for 5 days? Maybe 30km is a lot for my first day?

Any desirable routes!

Charlotte

There are three towns between Logrono and Najera, each with Albergues, so no, you don't HAVE to do 30km the first day...

With all the variables its just too much information to post here. I was you I'd spring for a guidebook.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back