• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino De Santiago Photography Exhibition.

JoeLav

Time of past OR future Camino
Started Camino Frances (St Jean - Pamplona) 2007
Completed the Camino Frances (Pamplona - Santiago) in 2014
Hello All,
I am a photographer from Ireland who completed the camino during July 2014. While walking, I took a number of portraits of Pilgrims, along with some details of why they were doing the camino. It was a fascinating insight into the various reasons why people embark on such a journey.

I have the portraits ready for exhibition now and ideally would love to exhibit them somewhere along the route of the camino, where the photographs were taken.

I would be extremely grateful for any help on this - places I could contact that would house exhibitions, along the route.

Thanks for your help,
Joe Laverty.

https://www.facebook.com/JoeLavertyPhotography

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks very much folks - two good leads to get started on - I'll be sure to update on here when the photos are online..

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jesus y Maria in Pamplona had an exhibition running when we were there last year - not sure if it's a permanent thing or not. They might be worth asking.

hi joe

it sounds like you and i have both been working on the exact same project, at the exact same time. i too walked the camino in july 2014, working on a photo exhibition about pilgrims and their motivations for participating in the camino. i just had the opening reception for my show on jan 22, 2015. the online exhibition address is www.buencamino2014.com. take a look and let me know what you think. also, you can contact me through the website on the contacts page. i would love to see your images and maybe there will be a possibility of collaborating on a show together.

john

hi joe

it sounds like you and i have both been working on the exact same project, at the exact same time. i too walked the camino in july 2014, working on a photo exhibition about pilgrims and their motivations for participating in the camino. i just had the opening reception for my show on jan 22, 2015. the online exhibition address is www.buencamino2014.com. take a look and let me know what you think. also, you can contact me through the website on the contacts page. i would love to see your images and maybe there will be a possibility of collaborating on a show together.

john
Love your photographs. Thanks for sharing.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
hi joe

john

Excellent photos my friend,my feet started towards the front door as i viewed them :)

Hi Everybody,
Apologies for the lack of response to the thread - I have been back walking the Camino for another while, in the meantime!
Thank you for all your good advice, which I will now start looking into. Also - John, thanks for sharing your website - the photos look great!
I have gone ahead and set up a page called https://www.facebook.com/humansofthecamino which are also here: http://joelaverty-photography.com/humans-of-the-camino/

I was turning in circles trying to decide what to call the page, but I have recently found the 'Humans of New York' page and this is essentially the same thing, so I went for 'Humans of the Camino'..... it's a nice sentiment..
Anyway - I hope you can all have a look at the page and share it around if you like it. I'll be updating it every day now, for as long as I can, as I know I will be be back walking the Way again some time soon!

I'll probably let the Facebook page build in momentum for a while before looking about an exhibition at this stage, but that will be the intention at some stage.

Thanks again,
Joe

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back