A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino de Santiago - Poppies Towards Carrion (Painting)

2020 Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
2017 - Camino Frances
2019 - Camino Portugues
Good morning fellow Peregrinos. I want to share my latest painting from our spring 2017 walk. This piece is inspired by a photo taken on our way from Fromista to Carrion de los Condes. Walking past this portion of a farm lined with these beautiful red poppies brought some brightness to an otherwise cloudy and gloomy day. I hope it brings back fond memories for those who passed this way. Enjoy!
Michael

camino_acrylic_poppies_towards_carrion_final.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
2017 - Camino Frances
2019 - Camino Portugues
Beautiful painting Michael - what medium did you use? Was it soft pastels?
Cheers - Jenny
Thank you Jenny for your "props" on this piece. It is a painting in acrylic although I must admit that the vibrancy of the colours and the sharpness of the edges throughout the painting are muted in the photo. I think I need more lessons in taking photos than painting. I am just happy to share and have people such as you enjoy and bring back Camino memories. Buen Camino.
Michael

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
Thank you Jenny for your "props" on this piece. It is a painting in acrylic although I must admit that the vibrancy of the colours and the sharpness of the edges throughout the painting are muted in the photo. I think I need more lessons in taking photos than painting. I am just happy to share and have people such as you enjoy and bring back Camino memories. Buen Camino.
Michael
Hi Michael - you really have done a beautiful job with this painting - the colour palette is lovely and the poppies are so vibrant.

You spoke of lessons in photography ... you might be interested to research a book on Camino photography called "Photo Camino - A Personal Guide to Photography on the Camino". It's written by Bill Bennett, a well-known Australian film director, author and photographer. Amazon have a hard copy version plus Kindle version. The details are:
As our wonderful t2andreo here on the Forum says, I hope this helps.

Cheers - Jenny

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I have loved the two paintings you shared. Keep them coming, please!
I also really liked it when you included both the photo for your inspiration along with the painting....hint, hint.:rolleyes:

John R McLean

Camino(s) past & future
Completed Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Portuguese from Porto (2017)
Iona-Rome-Jerusalem (2019-20)
Good morning fellow Peregrinos. I want to share my latest painting from our spring 2017 walk. This piece is inspired by a photo taken on our way from Fromista to Carrion de los Condes. Walking past this portion of a farm lined with these beautiful red poppies brought some brightness to an otherwise cloudy and gloomy day. I hope it brings back fond memories for those who passed this way. Enjoy!
Michael

View attachment 37459
That's awesome! The poppies were something that really touched me along the way.

Chris Melbourne

Camino(s) past & future
May 2016
Michael Thank you for the picture. I walked the stretch between Burgos and Leon in May 2017 and remember the spot very vividly. I took several photos of the poppies looking toward the hut or little house.

It brings warm memories flooding back.

Chris

DurhamParish

Un Cerveza, Por Favor
Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portuguese 2012 & 2018
Camino Frances 2014, 2015, 2015, 2017, 2018
Beautiful. Thanks.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock