• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Torres from Salamanca

Old Hillwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2022
I am currently making plans in May to walk the Camino de Torres from Salamanca to where it joins the Portuguese and then on to Santiago. This will be my seventh summer on various Caminos de Santiago including the ruta Transpirenaica (GR 11).
My choice of this itinerary will allow me to visit and tour several Peninsular War (1807-1814) battlegrounds and cities enroute, and to complete the Camino from Porto to SDC.

There is a little bit of information about the Torres route available on line, but I have not been able to find a guidebook other than this published by the University of Salamanca http://caminosantiago.usal.es/torres/

I understand that this is a seldom travelled Camino with long distances between facilities, but would dearly like to hear from anyone with knowledge of the Camino de Torres.

Thanks, Old Hillwalker

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Have you looked at the ‘Relatos’ section of the USAL website? There are, among others, detailed reports in English by Ina Sinclair, Maggie Woodward (@Magwood) and Gideon Sadler, and an introductory report that I wrote. Also, many reports in other languages. For planning my camino in 2018 I relied entirely on the information on the USAL website plus various posts on this Forum such as this one LIVE from the Camino - On to the Camino Torres | Camino de Santiago
Happy planning

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Have you looked at the ‘Relatos’ section of the USAL website? There are, among others, detailed reports in English by Ina Sinclair, Maggie Woodward (@Magwood) and Gideon Sadler, and an introductory report that I wrote. Also, many reports in other languages. For planning my camino in 2018 I relied entirely on the information on the USAL website plus various posts on this Forum such as this one LIVE from the Camino - On to the Camino Torres | Camino de Santiago
Happy planning
Thank you. I only just took a look. What a treasure house of information. Just what I needed. Ms Woodward too.

My choice of this itinerary will allow me to visit and tour several Peninsular War (1807-1814) battlegrounds and cities enroute, and to complete the Camino from Porto to SDC.
FYI, the Torres does not go to Porto. After Braga, it continues to Ponte de Lima where it joins the CP central. I believe there's a link path between Braga and Porto that you could take but this would take you almost completely in the opposite direction from Santiago for a couple of stages (i.e. south from Braga to Porto).

FYI, the Torres does not go to Porto. After Braga, it continues to Ponte de Lima where it joins the CP central. I believe there's a link path between Braga and Porto that you could take but this would take you almost completely in the opposite direction from Santiago for a couple of stages (i.e. south from Braga to Porto).
Yes, I am aware of that, Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We walked part of the Torres this past fall while walking the CP from Porto. You could detour off the CT to reach Porto, but you definitely do not want to miss those last few stages and the lively cities of Guimarāes and Braga. That portion is far superior to the the two frequently-walked portions of the nearby CP after Porto.

Have you consulted www.Caminhodetorres.pt? They have a lot of online resources that we found helpful.

We walked part of the Torres this past fall while walking the CP from Porto. You could detour off the CT to reach Porto, but you definitely do not want to miss those last few stages and the lively cities of Guimarāes and Braga. That portion is far superior to the the two frequently-walked portions of the nearby CP after Porto.

Have you consulted www.Caminhodetorres.pt? They have a lot of online resources that we found helpful.
Thanks to you. I just did.

Yes, I am aware of that, Thanks.
If you want to avoid the crowds all the way you can take the Interior Camino Portuguese from Lamego rather than going on to Ponte de Lima. The downside of this option is missing Braga and Guimaraes.

It is a fine Camino with changes in landscape and atmosphere to provide a real sense of the journey. Be prepared for a lot of road walking in Portugal.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am currently making plans in May to walk the Camino de Torres from Salamanca to where it joins the Portuguese and then on to Santiago. This will be my seventh summer on various Caminos de Santiago including the ruta Transpirenaica (GR 11).

There is a little bit of information about the Torres route available on line, but I have not been able to find a guidebook other than this published by the University of Salamanca http://caminosantiago.usal.es/torres/

I understand that this is a seldom travelled Camino with long distances between facilities, but would dearly like to hear from anyone with knowledge of the Camino de Torres.

Thanks, Old Hillwalker

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.