• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Discovering Camino del Alba: A Short and Scenic Pilgrimage Route in Valencia, Spain

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
16. 01.2022: I posted this on the sub-forum for Ruta de la Lana and Camino Levante some days ago, because this short camino, Camino del Alba, after a few days continue on one of them, but someone moved it to here, a moderater I suppose. The last 7 minutes of the video is from Camino Levante, so Camino del Alba can be the first part of one of the two other caminos. Camino del Alba is also mentioned by some both on the sub-forum for Camino Levante and Ruta de la Lana.

Suddenly this autumn the Valencien region in Spain was "green" on the Covid map of EU, and off we went ... Since we had to find a camino near to Alicante, and wanted to try something new, we walked Camino del Alba.

Camino del Alba starts at the Xàbia (Jávea) Port on the Valencian coast, and connects to two other caminos in Almansa: Ruta de la Lana and Camino Levante. You pass through cities like Pego, Villalonga, Beniarrés, Abaida, Ontinyent and La Font de la Figuera before you continue on another camino.

This camino is a modern one. The Dawn's Way pilgrimage route, Camino del Alba, was officially inaugurated on Sunday, 30th of May 2010, in the Xàbia Port, with a Pilgrim's Mass and a hike in which hikers, cyclists, and horseback riders all participated.

Since my health was not the best, we walked short distances, which was possible. There are some alternatives on the way, and we chose some of them, as you will see in the video. The marking are good on some parts, and not so good on others. You will need GPS-track for the (wonderful) mountain alternative from Ontinyent, for example.

You can find information here: https://www.caminodelalba.com/

We enjoyed this camino! If you have questions, may be I can answer.

For other videos, see my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt5ZEmAaRwk0YVj7HRwQa4g/videos

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you very much indeed for this lovely montage, it brought back so many memories. I would love to walk the Lana ! One day when I can fly across the pond again.... All the best to you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you very much indeed for this lovely montage, it brought back so many memories. I would love to walk the Lana ! One day when I can fly across the pond again.... All the best to you.
We have walked Lana to Cuenca, and liked it very much. The camino friends in Alatos were a very positive experience! And my photo video from Lana is there ... if you want to dream a little of a new camino. :)

Nice photos of Xabia did you stayed in the Parador.
No; no parador. We stayed in a nice little pension called La Favorita. But IF it is possible to walk a camino again in spring, and IF we have health to walk, and IF we are capable of walking Camino del Ebro ... I have decided to stay on the parador in Tortosa. I have never stayed in a Parador, but after 10000 km of camino walking and hundreds of nights in albergues, I think it is about time now. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back