• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Cid

Time of past OR future Camino
VDLP 2010&11 Madrid 2013&15 Mozarabe 2015 Cid 2019
This is a journey through middle ages Spain following the life of El Cid, or Rodrigo Diaz.
Website of the Way of El Cid Consortium

A friend of mine, Ciaran Hogan, has written an account of his solo journey from Burgos to Valencia in 2016, available here:
Ciaran's book on the Amazon website

I will be completing the journey with Ciaran and Mike in April 2019, walking the southern route from Valencia to Orihuela, near Alicante. This route shares some of the way with the Camino Levante and Camino Sureste.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This route shares some of the way with the Camino Levante and Camino Sureste.
Yes, first 68 km, until Xativa, are common with Camino de Levante and Via Augusta.
Specific passport (like credencial), information, and pins, available free at the Tourism Office in Valencia Ayuntamiento's building.
Printable maps (pdf) and tracks on the website you indicate.
Buen Camino
JL

This is a journey through middle ages Spain following the life of El Cid, or Rodrigo Diaz.
Website of the Way of El Cid Consortium

A friend of mine, Ciaran Hogan, has written an account of his solo journey from Burgos to Valencia in 2016, available here:
Ciaran's book on the Amazon website

I will be completing the journey with Ciaran and Mike in April 2019, walking the southern route from Valencia to Orihuela, near Alicante. This route shares some of the way with the Camino Levante and Camino Sureste.

When Reb and I walked the Camino San Olav a few years ago, we frequently saw markings for the Camino del Cid. We observed that the Cid was almost always staying alongside the road, while the San Olav went off on tracks, which is obviously much more desirable. I don’t know if this has changed, but I would try to find as many off-road alternatives as possible.

Unfortunately, the first 68 km of the Levante from Valencia to Xátiva are also almost entirely on asphalt, so you highly cushioned lightweight shoes may help ease the pain of all of that!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back