• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte a Chimayó

Opa Theo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francais to Santiago
April 2018 stumbled upon lovely shrine at Chimayo New Mexico, USA. Is there a pilgrimage to this shrine?

At the shrine I read that servicemen returning from prisoner of war camps made a pilgrimage to Chimayo after WWII.
Thanks
Ted Rzepski,
Connecticut

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes @Opa Theo , there is an annual pilgrimage! Isn't Chimayo charming and touching?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes I was very moved when I visited. There were several Mexican American families praying. Like many shrines, people place photos and objects related to their prayers. I was especially touched by photos of people obviously incarcerated or in military uniforms or in hospital settings. It's located in a quiet hilly area. What struck me was that soil, not water is the sacred symbol of God's blessings. It is not commercialized like some European shrines.

The Chimayo pilgrimage is similar to Caminho de Fatima. It is mostly the locals. I would like to walk this someday during holy week. Here’s what I found:

The Chimayo pilgrimage is similar to Caminho de Fatima. It is mostly the locals. I would like to walk this someday during holy week. Here’s what I found:

Thanks for the link

Yes @Opa Theo , there is an annual pilgrimage! Isn't Chimayo charming and touching?
Interesting links. Was puzzled by the many roadside memorials, one link contained background information and photos.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I live very close to this mystic place and have been there a few times! Here is my experience of it. It is truly an amazing place in the mountains.
https://www.bodywindow.com/holy-places.html
I live very close to this mystic place and have been there a few times! Here is my experience of it. It is truly an amazing place in the mountains.
https://www.bodywindow.com/holy-places.html
Well written and fascinating information in your article. Intrigued that soil is the sacred medium. I had no container so filled my hat and later found a glass bottle. I registered a sense the area has a serious quiet feeling to it. This last sentence seems murky but I did perceive a feeling while there. Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.