• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Camino Del Norte Accomodation July 2021

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icetea

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello All
Just wanted to share my experience so far doing Camino and accomodation issues.
1.Book your accomodation at least one day ahead ,better even 2 days up-front.
2.Some public Albergues are open but so far I found no way to know which are open which not.
3. We started at Santillana Del Mar so this is accomodations list so far we used which were donations based competitively affordable.
1. Comillas --Huella del Camino is open , it wasn't possible to book it online but once I called o got positive result,very nice guy running it awesome place :)
2. San Vicente de la Barquera -- there is Albergue open ( it opened literally just few days ago ) donations based it's on Camino on top of a hill next to the viewing point -- church , plenty of spaces.We split our route into 2 sections between Comillas and Colombre
2.1 Saw some open Albergue in Collombres but if there is no space etc there is place 1 km away next to the Camino -- in El Peral ,very nice woman running it. Oyambre , Peral 11 next to the highway.
3.Llanes -- the most affordable and open place Estacion, was possible to book on Booking.com
, nice place to eat big affordable meal La Galeria, 10eu for really 3 course food,ask for pilgrims disc and say you are staying in Albergue :))
Will add more updates as we go :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Huella del Camino is great indeed. I hope you keep on finding beds in Asturias. Tourism is booming already... Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello All
2.Some public Albergues are open but so far I found no way to know which are open which not.
3. We started at Santillana Del Mar so this is accomodations list so far we used which were donations based competitively affordable.
1. Comillas --Huella del Camino is open , it wasn't possible to book it online but once I called o got positive result,very nice guy running it awesome place :)
2. San Vicente de la Barquera -- there is Albergue open ( it opened literally just few days ago ) donations based it's on Camino on top of a hill next to the viewing point -- church , plenty of spaces.We split our route into 2 sections between Comillas and Colombre
2.1 Saw some open Albergue in Collombres but if there is no space etc there is place 1 km away next to the Camino -- in El Peral ,very nice woman running it. Oyambre , Peral 11 next to the highway.
3.Llanes -- the most affordable and open place Estacion, was possible to book on Booking.com
, nice place to eat big affordable meal La Galeria, 10eu for really 3 course food,ask for pilgrims disc and say you are staying in Albergue :))
Buen Camino! Ultreia!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Well it's not all of them what I can see from experience so far here :)
Download Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino apps. They are free and will give you more choices. As others have said it is high season so call ahead for sure.

Hello All
Can I wAlk in the easiest routes and take train in most difficult routes?

Can I wAlk in the easiest routes and take train in most difficult routes?
On that stretch of the Norte? Yes, possibly. It will depend on whether you want to follow the current “official” Camino route or just move generally in the direction of Santiago. The FEVE mirrors much of the Camino del Norte and there are many opportunities to skip walking and sit in a train. What will not be easy is the logistics. Train timetables rarely coincide with walking timetables. You may find that you’ll spend more time waiting for trains than on them.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello All
Thank you for this excellent update. There are quite a lot of people a few stages behind you so grateful for any info as you have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back