• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del norte august 19

LongPete

Hello

I will start my camino from Irun in 19 august, or 20 or 21...got a lot of time. Planning to take it easy, enjoy scenery, swimmin in ocean(maybe), having a few beers(definately)... First following the coastal route, then going to Primitivo and hopefully reaching Santiago end of sebtember. And if still got some spirit left, going also to the top...Finisterra. Last time, in 2007, was walking Camino Frances and it was great. Hope to see some of u people on the route. Maybe beer or two when we meet...

T. Pete from Finland

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Pete,

Have a great time. My wife and I just finished from Santander to Santiago following the Norte route all the way. I will say, if you are headed thru Gijon, arrange a room ahead of time. The Camino takes you downtown which is great, but the Albergue is way on the outskirts of town, you have to take a bus. Some people branch off to Oviedo before Gijon, some after.

Buen Camino,
Mark

I may be doing Camino-Norte but won't be starting until Sept 6th so I would be far behind you. I have seen some wonderful photographs.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You most likely will. I leave SJPP on the 6th and don't really have plans yet about getting to Camino Norte from there. Add that to the fact that I haven't trained at all and you will probably easily catch up to and then pass me!

Melinda

Howdy,

We used the guide books from the Confraternity of St. James (London) written by Eric Walker. If anyone is planning on using these guide books, give a yell. I marked up my guide books and will be sending Eric Walker updated information. I would be happy to pass it on to anyone interested in the information. This would primarily be from Santander to Santiago, the El Camino del Norte route all the way.

Buen Camino,
Mark

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Mark,
I would be very interested in the guide book. Although I am only in the planning stage for doing the del norte next year in June, I am trying to get as much info as possible. I am at the end of the world, hihi, and still finding my way on the net as well. So, any help is fantastic. Even if you give me sites where I can find the info, will help.
Thanks Dorthe

We used the guide books from the Confraternity of St. James (London) written by Eric Walker. If anyone is planning on using these guide books, give a yell. I marked up my guide books and will be sending Eric Walker updated information. I would be happy to pass it on to anyone interested in the information. This would primarily be from Santander to Santiago, the El Camino del Norte route all the way.

Buen Camino,
Mark[/quote]

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.