• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Del Norte in April

Craig Nolan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Frances 13/09/2017 ->
Hello all,

I am strongly considering cycling the route of the Camino Del Norte this April with my mountain bike and Panniers. I really enjoyed cycling the Camino de Frances route in 2020 and I understand that this route is alot tougher with hills, terrain and weather.

Has anyone got any advice, guides, things to consider to ensure I can complete this route in the 16 days that I have available to me?

Roughly how many people cycle this route?

Looking forward to some friendly pilgrim advice.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Has anyone got any advice, guides, things to consider to ensure I can complete this route in the 16 days that I have available to me?

Pedal faster.

Or you could take out bits by using the FEVE rail on some of the coastal sections. You just walk on with your bike without disassembling. FEVE continues along the coast at Ribadeo while the Norte turns south there. So this would be your last chance to cut sections.

16 days may be enough but you can judge it as you go along.

Can you read Spanish? If yes, PM me and I will send you my copy of Guia del Camino de Santiago en tu mochila Camino Norte, de Anton Pombo. Guia del Peregrino Practico a pie o en bicicleta. An Anaya Touring guide. I got it in Madrid for a bicicleta peregrina who started before I could mail it to her. Our local parish priest and his (Spanish speaking wife) used it for an ebike Camino on the del Norte a few years ago and said they had trouble finding the separate bicicleta routes until they got a copy of this guide. It's yours, free, if you want it. Buen Camino

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
April could be very wet. I saw a few cyclists when I walked in May/June. My thoughts at the time was, "I'm glad I'm walking" ... but they seemed quite happy.

Can you read Spanish? If yes, PM me and I will send you my copy of Guia del Camino de Santiago en tu mochila Camino Norte, de Anton Pombo. Guia del Peregrino Practico a pie o en bicicleta. An Anaya Touring guide. I got it in Madrid for a bicicleta peregrina who started before I could mail it to her. Our local parish priest and his (Spanish speaking wife) used it for an ebike Camino on the del Norte a few years ago and said they had trouble finding the separate bicicleta routes until they got a copy of this guide. It's yours, free, if you want it. Buen Camino
yeah my Spanish is fine, send it to craignolan3030@gmail.com very grateful indeed

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back