• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Del Norte in June

den_ireland

Hi there,
Am thinking of walking the camino del norte in June. I will be travelling alone so if there is anyone travelling around the same time can you please get in contact with me.
Kind Regards,
Denise

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Denis

I'm a 61 years old Danish woman.

I'll start in Irun the 13. of May 13.

You are welcome to contac mé.

Camino regards from Connie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Rob and I are leaving Irun on the 1st of June, hope our paths cross. Getting very excited and nervous now. We are spending the week before in Lourdes with the International Military Pilgrimage. So a good start to our pilgrimage. Good luck. Sorry, Buen Camino. Hugh

Hi Hugh,

I'm starting May 30 or 31 at latest. Plan to start slow so hope to meet you along the way. Getting excited!

Bobbie

hughb said:
Rob and I are leaving Irun on the 1st of June, hope our paths cross. Getting very excited and nervous now. We are spending the week before in Lourdes with the International Military Pilgrimage. So a good start to our pilgrimage. Good luck. Sorry, Buen Camino. Hugh

hi there!

I am planning on arriving in Irun on around June 6 or 7 and walking the Camino Norte. I hope to see you there! I am a newbie, and have chosen the Northern route to experience more of the solitude than the main route, but I am also hoping to experience some contacts and friends too. Also, I hope I am preparing well :? Other than being in really good shape, I am just trying my best to get ready :D

Hope to share more thoughts with others soon..

Tom

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Tom,

I was lucky enough to walk the Camino Frances and part of the Camino Portugal fall of 2012. I had such a great time and loved the fellowship of other pilgrims. I'm in fairly good shape but think the Norte will still be a challenge especially the first part... At least this is the warning I have received from other pilgrims.

If you have any questions I can help you with please let me know.

Buen Camino!
Bobbie

Hi!!
I'm trying to plan my flights in order to start del Norte in mid June.
Can anyone advise what's the best way to get from UK (preferably Gatwick) to Irun.
I'm assuming flight EasyJet London-Barcelona/Madrid and then bus or train to Irun?

Would really appreciate your advice.

Lena

Lena
I'd forget Gatwick. Ryanair Stansted to Biarritz is very straightforward. Bus runs from outside the small airport to Biarritz station (although it's only about a ten minute walk). Then regular trains down to Hendaye take about 30 minutes and even go onto Irun I think - though I got out at Hendaye enjoyed walking over the bridge into Spain. There are direct bus options as well from Biarritz airport but these take a bit longer and are irregular at weekends.
You should be able to google all this stuff but let us know if you're still struggling and I'll provide some more detail
cheers, tom

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi
I am Jude. Just turned 60 and I am walking the northern route solo beginning may 28 in sansebastian
My first camino experience. I look forward to meeting people to share the walk

Lena - You can also walk from Biarritz airport to Irun via the coastal path. Bit long from the airport for your first days hike but I got a atxi to a bit further along the coast and then walked. A pleasant start to the camino. However, make sure you know exactly where you are staying the first night as it can be frustrating spending 2 hours looking for the accommodation! I know by experience…...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Jude - I will strart my walk from Irun on May 30th or 31st depending on jet lag :) Hope to meet you along the way.

Wow your first Camino and you are walking the Norte!

Buen Camino,

Bobbie

jude588 said:
Hi
I am Jude. Just turned 60 and I am walking the northern route solo beginning may 28 in sansebastian
My first camino experience. I look forward to meeting people to share the walk

hi Bobbie
I hope to see you on the trail. I'll be starting slowly, so there's a good chance we will meet up . I am starting in San Sebastián may 28

My brother and I will be starting our Journey in Luarca around the 1st through 5th of August (spending some time in Barcelona, Roses, and Lourdes first). This will be our first Camino - we are both sooo excited. We are both moderate hikers (both uphill and level) and I'm a bit worried about the terrain on the coastal route. The concensus seems to be that it is a hard route - I live in the Pacific Northwest of the US and we have great hikes here with substantial elevation gains - can someone tell me what the general elevation gain is from day to day - I realize that it will vary greatly depending on where we are but a general idea would be super appreciated, especially from Luarca eastward (will it be days of uphill or even a full day of uphill at any point in time?)

Thanks so much and buen Camino!
Bonnie B

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Denise,
I should be starting around the 6th of June. My wife and I did the Frances last fall and she'll be joining me about half way through.
Buen Camino
Joe

This is my first Camino (although I'm a lifer backpacker with lots of distances and wilderness comfort). I see posts here saying the Norte is harder. What makes it so?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Because Francis is easier :mrgreen:

If you're a veteran backpacker I don't think you'll find any of the routes hard. Go look at the elevation maps. Then consider how much is actually on road.

Norte being closer to the coast may have more up/down but it's not like you're going over the Alps every day. OTOH the weather should be a bit cooler making it easier during the summer.

I'm arriving in France on 6/10 at Marseille, hope to be starting my route on 6/13. This is my first Camino but I live in the Great Smoky Mountains....I have an up and down mountain hike just to get to my mailbox! Still, hoping the rain will let up a bit by mid June. Look forward to finding some of you along the way.

I'm flying into Marseilles on the 5th of June and then working my way over to Irun to begin del Norte. I wish everyone would upload a picture for their online ID so we could recognize each other along "The Way". Just a thought to throw out there.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Denise and Fellow Pilgrims,

I am leaving from Irun on the 27th of June, aiming to arrive in Santiago on 2nd August... wishing it was tomorrow as I am packed and ready to go!

Chris (Sydney, Australia)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.