• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Del Norte in June

den_ireland

Hi there,
Am planning to walk the Camino del Norte from Irun to Santiago starting 20/21 st of June 2016. Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of going around the same time?
Denise

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi there,
Am planning to walk the Camino del Norte from Irun to Santiago starting 20/21 st of June 2016. Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of going around the same time?
Denise
Me my wife and our youngest son Brendan are leaving Irun 8th June, you'll probably pass us tending to our broken bodies in San Sebastian

Me my wife and our youngest son Brendan are leaving Irun 8th June, you'll probably pass us tending to our broken bodies in San Sebastian

Hi Greg thanks for replying to my message. I am still debating what date to go in June. Would like to start from Irun as well. I lived in San Sebastian for a year so can give you advise re accommodation should you need it. I walked the camino frances in 2013 and had a lovely experience but missed the sea a lot after 5/6 weeks of walking. Looking forward to seeing the sea a lot on this walk. Are ye planning to do the whole lot?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The plan is to do del Norte then join Primitivo from Oviedo, but we might just end up getting an Uber from Irun

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wow Denise, I plan on flying into San Sebastian around that time (a couple days after father's day). I will be by myself for this Camino. I hope I run into you. Buen Camino.....Tom
Hi there,
Denise

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your message, think I will definitely now be starting the norte from Irun on the dates between Saturday the 11th of June and Monday the 13th of June. If I don't get to see you hope you have a great camino.
Denise

Hi there,
Denise
Yes, new to the site. I'll be leaving Irun on the 7th or 8th, hope to see some of you, it's my first Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes, new to the site. I'll be leaving Irun on the 7th or 8th, hope to see some of you, it's my first Camino.
Hi. Another newbie here. Arriving on overnight train from Paris arriving in Irun on Saturday 11th June and have almost three weeks so it will be walk,train, bus then walk via Oviedo to Santiago if knee holds out. Look forward to meeting some of my fellow peregrinos en route. Buen Camino and stay safe. John H

Hi there,
Denise
This is fun! My name is also Denise and I am planning to start in Irun about the same time. Maybe a day later (I have not bought my ticket yet). Your post was from April. Are you still on the same plan? I am not going all the way to Santiago this year. I walked all of the CF last year.

Hi there,
Thanks for all your replies. Have booked my tickets and am now getting very excited with less than four weeks to go. I will get into Irun on friday 10th of June and will start walking on the 11th. Buen Camino to everybody and hopefully will see some of you along the way.
Denise

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Denise, we're leaving Irun on Thurs 9th. Hope to walk all the way to San Sebastián in the 1 day. It looks like a pretty tough days walk. Are you planning walkin Irun. To SS in 1 day

Hi Julie and Greg,
Yes that's the plan. It is supposed to be a tough walk but the views are meant to be spectacular. I think just take it easy, take your time on the and enjoy the walk. Walking poles might be a good option. Make sure your walking shoes are well broken in.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm counting down the days as well, I'll be doing a day in Madrid followed by a day in Bilbao before I head out on June 8th from Irun. I wish it were tomorrow, but it provides me with a chance to practice being in the moment, I don't want to miss any miracles while I'm sitting around daydreaming. Buen Camino!

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your message, think I will definitely now be starting the norte from Irun on the dates between Saturday the 11th of June and Monday the 13th of June. If I don't get to see you hope you have a great camino.
Denise
We are arriving in Irun June 11 to begin the walk...hope to see you there!

Hi there,
Thanks for all your replies. Have booked my tickets and am now getting very excited with less than four weeks to go. I will get into Irun on friday 10th of June and will start walking on the 11th. Buen Camino to everybody and hopefully will see some of you along the way.
Denise
We are arriving in Irun on June 11...see you there :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi there,
Denise
Hi Sunshine,
Thanks for your message. Looking forward to meeting you on the 11th. Until then safe travels.
Denise
Hi Sunshine,
Thanks for your message. Looking forward to meeting you on the 11th. Until then safe travels.
Denise

Hi Denise,
I've a Ryan air to Madrid on the 9th, now looking for blablacar to Irun, or San Sebastián. I'm from Galway. Sending a message, as we could be on the same flight
Aisling

Hi Denise,
I've a Ryan air to Madrid on the 9th, now looking for blablacar to Irun, or San Sebastián. I'm from Galway. Sending a message, as we could be on the same flight
Aisling

Hi Aisling
I am taking the train option so should arrive in San Sebastián on Thursday evening. Irun is not too far from there and am aiming to be at the albergue de peregrinos for about four on Friday. If you don't have any luck with blablacar there is a bus service to San Seb daily, think it's run by Alsa and there is also a train service by Renfe too. I am from Cork by the way

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Aisling
I am taking the train option so should arrive in San Sebastián on Thursday evening. Irun is not too far from there and am aiming to be at the albergue de peregrinos for about four on Friday. If you don't have any luck with blablacar there is a bus service to San Seb daily, think it's run by Alsa and there is also a train service by Renfe too. I am from Cork by the way
See ya on the Plane maybe! I just got a confirmed blabla lift from Madrid at 2.00 (€34), with someone heading to Bayonne, so they will drop me on the way. Should be in Irun around 7 or 7.30pm on Thursday evening, and also hoping to stay in Alberge, if beds ain't gone by then. It worked out €34 in total. You may want to spend a day in San Sebatian as you lived there catching up. I need to get to a Decathlon and treat myself to new poles and hopefully very little else!!!! Addictive place!!! Hope to leave on Friday morning, but ya never know....

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.