• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Del Norte in mid May

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My wife and I probably will start also around the 15th of May in Irun or Hondiribia,perhaps we will meet somewhere. Buen camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Walked the French Way during same period in 2016. A beautiful experience and now I am ready to experience the Norther route. I am a fit nearly 70 year old woman will be walking alone. Anyone else out there game?
I too will be walking on May 5, 2018 but starting from Madrid and going north to connect to other caminos before making our way on the Primitivo.

Walked the French Way during same period in 2016. A beautiful experience and now I am ready to experience the Norther route. I am a fit nearly 70 year old woman will be walking alone. Anyone else out there game?
Great time to go> Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I will be starting the Norte on the 24th of May and hope that our paths will cross. I have a few years on you so you will probably fly by me but if you see an old, grey headed lady-wave!!

I'm nearly 70 and we are departing from San Sebastian on May 14. Hope to see some of you along the way. I will be the older lady with fat legs huffing and puffing up the hills.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The plan is to take a train from Paris to heday and then just start walking. Does this make sense?

brianne fitgerald,

Welcome to the forum!

Talking the TGV train from Paris Montparnase to Hendaye is a great idea.

Since you may be walking from the Hendaye gare/rr station to Irun do plan to stop at the small bar/resto Chez Alain on the way at 11 ave d'Espagne. They are most friendly and do a very good daily menu for 13.50 euros. If you wish you can even take a shower for free! The place is a routiers or truck stop but in no way hyper macho; I loved it! See more here http://restoroutier.free.fr/fiche_64_hendaye.htm

For more on walking from the Hendaye rr station over the international foot bridge to Irun see the posts/links in this
earlier thread.

Take care and do let all your new forum friends know how your journey goes.

Bon chemin and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Looking at schedules I see the Paris train arrives later in the afternoon. Is it better to remain in Hendaye or walk to irun (how long is the walk and get a room there??? Thanks to you all

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The walk from Hendaye station into Irun across the international bridge will take less than an hour.

Hi Bianne and everyone. I have completed, the camino (frances) 3 times. This time I am choosing to go the Norte. I'll begin my walk on 30 May. Hoping to link up as Ive heard that the Norte can be a solitary walk.

The Camino will provide. I am old enough to realize options should I get too lonely. I start may 8, once I pull the trigger on my flight across the pond

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Bianne and everyone. I have completed, the camino (frances) 3 times. This time I am choosing to go the Norte. I'll begin my walk on 30 May. Hoping to link up as Ive heard that the Norte can be a solitary walk.
No worries, it is a solitary walk right now, but it won't be very solitary anymore by the end of May...

Welcome Brianne. I will be finished before you start so i will update while on route also nearly 70 you are in for an adventure

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.