• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Del Norte in November?! brrrr

gregdedman

Hi everyone,

Im Greg and im in the early stage of planning my second Camino, this time the Northern route having walked the incredibly rewarding French way 3 years ago.
I plan to walk from France, to Santiago then Finisterre and return to santiago once again.

I walked in July and August last time and this time November is the month available to me.
Ive looked at historic weather data already but was wondering if there is anyone out there having actually walked in this month?
Things that are preying on my mind a little is the weather, if the albergues are open, crowds (im looking for quiet but some fellow pilgrims would be nice! :)
Im also wondering if anyone has any links for maps or any other information that i could find useful.

The camino de santiago, cliched, changed the direction of my life completely.
I was working in a job that was destroying my soul, and on one starry morning, I saw two shooting stars above me and my mind was made up in an instant....I wanted to walk for a living. I now have 2 years of hike guiding behind me and crave those long days with hundreds of miles ahead of you once more.

Thankyou in advance for any infomation anyone can provide and may i wish you all Beun Camino.

Kind regards
Greg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Greg! I read your post about the plan of doing the Camino in November. Did you get any information about this? I also plan to do it in November, and I have lots of questions, so please could you tell me what infos you accumulated so far?

Thank you, and BUEN CAMINO!

Lorand from Hungary

Hi there Lorand,

I have not recieved any infomation through these forums, but have been looking online for information.
It is very difficult but its not supposed to be easy :)
I will share what I find with you.
I think the weather will be important, the rain will be common along the coast in november and because there wont be many people walking, the refugios will close so it will mean camping.

Anyway, i will be in contact and if you find out any information, lets share.

Beun Camino
Greg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.