• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte in three weeks

Hofmann

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances and Norte
I will be walking the whole Norte starting this July 25 wondering how crowded the albergues are now I really don't want to book ahead and if there are enough pensions if albergue are full can't wait buen Camino all

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi @Hofmann and welcome to the forum. The Norte is well provided with alternative accommodation as it is a tourist area, but you are picking the peak time when there will be lots of holiday makers, as well as walkers. We did not book at all, but my experience on the Norte was earlier, in May, so I can't give any specific information about late June and July.

Hi @Hofmann and welcome to the forum. The Norte is well provided with alternative accommodation as it is a tourist area, but you are picking the peak time when there will be lots of holiday makers, as well as walkers. We did not book at all, but my experience on the Norte was earlier, in May, so I can't give any specific information about late June and July.

Just wondering when does the peak time end.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I will be walking the whole Norte starting this July 25 wondering how crowded the albergues are now I really don't want to book ahead and if there are enough pensions if albergue are full can't wait buen Camino all
We walked the Irun to Bilbao section two weeks ago and there was no problem at all with accommodation. However, that was two weeks ago and certainly tourist numbers will be a lot bigger in July. Another thing I would mention is that we found it very hot and particularly humid. So hot and humid that even when it was raining/misting we didn't bother to wear rain gear as we were going to get saturated either way. Hopefully it will cool down or turn to dry heat, but certainly think about starting your days very very early.

Yes, quit crowded at moment. In Pobeña there were far more pilgrims than beds, some slept outside in garden where there were 12 tents as well.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes, quit crowded at moment. In Pobeña there were far more pilgrims than beds, some slept outside in garden where there were 12 tents as well.
Thanks we're there pensions to stay if albergue are full we much prefer albergue though

We walked the Irun to Bilbao section two weeks ago and there was no problem at all with accommodation. However, that was two weeks ago and certainly tourist numbers will be a lot bigger in July. Another thing I would mention is that we found it very hot and particularly humid. So hot and humid that even when it was raining/misting we didn't bother to wear rain gear as we were going to get saturated either way. Hopefully it will cool down or turn to dry heat, but certainly think about starting your days very very early.
Thanks for the info getting excited we have 37 days to walk it's our second Camino pilgrimage did the french route two years ago a little nervous about ful albergue but the Camino will provide

I am an early riser so usualyy begin my walk at 6am or 6.30 am so I have had no problems yet finding places in Albergues apart from Deba! I arrived in Santander today and have been on th Norte since Irun on june 23rd.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Someone know if in camino del norte we have some campus for tents ? Or some sugestion if july is to busy ? Please ...

Someone know if in camino del norte we have some campus for tents ? Or some sugestion if july is to busy ? Please ...
Campus? Do you mean camp sites? There are two I know of between San Sebastian and Llanes: the first as you come into Zarautz, the second in Santialla del mar.

There may be others.

Thankyou , but if hostels are full i think will be no probleme for them to put tent in his garden , i hope ... :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thankyou , but if hostels are full i think will be no probleme for them to put tent in his garden , i hope ... :)
You are correct. If they have a garden. In fact some of those albergues even put out tents themselves out for pilgrim overflow, including the one in Pobena, and perhaps also the one in Casteourdiales.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

@Hofmann I walked the Northern route last year during peak time. June 28th was my start day and finished in 27 days, although I dropped down to the Camino Primitivo after Gijon. I never had an issue with albergues being overbooked. Make sure to stay in Guemes. If you're looking for information on which route to take in the north, check out my site: http://www.traveltomastery.com/camino-de-santiago-northern-way

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.