• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte Mid September 2015

EMILE M

Time of past OR future Camino
I WALKED THE ENTIRE CAMINO FRANCES IN FALL 2011, ALSO I WALKED FROM LE PUY EN VELAY TO CAHORS, FRANCE IN MAY, 2013 (About 350 Km) I PLAN TO WALK THE CAMINO DEL NORTE IN MID SEPTEMBER (2015)
I am planning to do the Camino Del Norte beginning in Mid September, 2015. Will fly to Paris from San Diego California, then will take the train to Hendaye then cross the border to Irun where I will start my Camino. I've already done the Camino Frances with a friend from California in the Fall of 2011, but going solo this time as I could not convince anyone to join me. I speak fluent French, decent Spanish and Italian and of course English. If anyone is planning to do the Camino del Norte around my planned departure time, feel free to let me know, it'd be nice to team up with a like-minded Peregrino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Can't offer you much advice other than to say that there's a train that runs directly into Irun from Paris. I was just about the last person on it when it arrived!

Hello Emile
My husband and I are also planning to start the Camino Norte from Irun on 26th September. I did the Camino Frances last year with a friend but this year my husband wants to come. As we only have a 2week holiday, we plan to walk to Santander this time and come back in March next year to complete it in Santiago. We are a couple of late - middle aged Aussies and will hopefully see you or follow your journey. Will you be keeping a blog?
Kindest regards
Michelle.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am planning to do the Camino Del Norte beginning in Mid September, 2015. Will fly to Paris from San Diego California, then will take the train to Hendaye then cross the border to Irun where I will start my Camino. I've already done the Camino Frances with a friend from California in the Fall of 2011, but going solo this time as I could not convince anyone to join me. I speak fluent French, decent Spanish and Italian and of course English. If anyone is planning to do the Camino del Norte around my planned departure time, feel free to let me know, it'd be nice to team up with a like-minded Peregrino!

Interesting. I did the French Way alone 2 years ago and really want to do the Northern route this year but have no idea when. I got by with a few phrases in Spanish so this route makes me a little more hesitant because I don't think I speak enough Spanish. Maybe I should team up with you guys :)

I am planning to do the Camino Del Norte beginning in Mid September, 2015. .... feel free to let me know, it'd be nice to team up with a like-minded Peregrino!

All going well, I'm hoping to commence the northern route sometime during the second week of September, albeit I'm limited to speaking English, in the west coast "Canuck" vernacular.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
All going well, I'm hoping to commence the northern route sometime during the second week of September, albeit I'm limited to speaking English, in the west coast "Canuck" vernacular.
Haven't set a definite date yet, but most likely I will start my trek in mid-September 2015 in Irun. I am planning to go it alone, but hopeful to meet and tag along with like-minded preregrino(s) along the way!

Hola and welcome to the forum

Have a look at this thread and sub-threads for some information and inspiration for your walk:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...el-norte-in-april-may-2015.29882/#post-254117

As you have experience from Camino Frances, I anticipate that you quickly will get into the Camino spirit although in completely different surroundings.
Norte and the ocean is stunning and to walk it in autumn sounds like a perfect plan to me.
Autumn in Spain can be very warm so do remember swimming cloth so you can cool of in the ocean :)

Regarding company I am sure you will meet plenty on route, but you may consider to 'sign up' in the forum calendar at top of the screen.
That way you may pre organize some company from this forum. Your language skills makes me think that there may be some people with lesser or different language skills, that could be interested in joining up.

Also, I think you should read up a little on Camino Primitivo as well as Picos de Europa.
They are choices on your way and you don't have to decide what to do now, but once you get to the forks, you will have the option to change your direction.

I hope this helps
Buen Camino

Lettinggo

Hello Emile! I am also planning a Northern Camino leaving Irun around mid-September, but my actual travel dates are not yet set in stone. I am a photographer and speak fluent Spanish. My last Camino was the Frances in 2013. I am already planning to return to the Frances in 2017. Hopefully with a large gaggle of friends and family along :).

Cheers

Alex

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My departure from Irun scheduled for September 16th. Hopefully some "campo-stellas" will align on that date!
- Cheers!

.... then will take the train to Hendaye then cross the border to Irun ...
After taking the train twice in the last two years, I finally stumbled onto a website < http://tinyurl.com/ofutbe6 > for booking a flight from Paris (ORY) to Biarritz (BIQ) that's less expensive, much faster, and significantly more convenient than taking the train. From Biarritz, it seems that it's only a couple or three euros to bus to Irun, come the 10th of September 2015. The cost of getting from Paris (CDG) to Paris (ORY) compared with Paris (CDG) to Gare Mountpasse (spelling?) also is about half.
Maybe I'll see you when you pass me along the way as I'm sure you're a younger (almost every pilgrim will be younger than I, eh?) and a faster hiker. :-/

Will be on the Notre from the 9th September leaving this time from Ribadeo, walked from San Sebastion last year, just coming back for more

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
After taking the train twice in the last two years, I finally stumbled onto a website < http://tinyurl.com/ofutbe6 > for booking a flight from Paris (ORY) to Biarritz (BIQ) that's less expensive, much faster, and significantly more convenient than taking the train. From Biarritz, it seems that it's only a couple or three euros to bus to Irun, come the 10th of September 2015. The cost of getting from Paris (CDG) to Paris (ORY) compared with Paris (CDG) to Gare Mountpasse (spelling?) also is about half.
Maybe I'll see you when you pass me along the way as I'm sure you're a younger (almost every pilgrim will be younger than I, eh?) and a faster hiker. :-/
Thanks for the input, I will definitely take a look at flights from CDG to Biarritz. I believe there are regular flights from CDG to BIQ late mornings, which would work out great for me as I am scheduled arrive in Paris on September 15 at 7:35am. I am leery about buying my ticket from CDG to Biarritz ahead of time, just in case my flight to Paris arrives late. I'll wing it after I get to CDG! It's all part of the adventure!

Easy Jet and Air France both from CDG after you arrive.
However most leave from Orly.
This is the best way to both France's and Norte .

OK - got my plane tickets. I am starting from Irun on 10 September and following the Norte all the way to Compostella (and Fisterra afterwards).

I am a photographer and speak Spanish fluently. Look forward to catching up!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
[nsridge, post: 336298, member: 23888"]OK - got my plane tickets. I am starting from Irun on 10 September and following the Norte all the way to Compostella (and Fisterra afterwards).

I am a photographer and speak Spanish fluently. Look forward to catching up![/QUOTE]
I won't start my del Norte Camino from Irun until 9/16, possibly 9/17, all depending on how quickly I'll get there.

My departure from Irun scheduled for September 16th. Hopefully some "campo-stellas" will align on that date!
- Cheers!
Hi Emile
I'll be walking from Hendaye / Irun starting on the 17th so I'm sure we'll cross paths somewhere along the way.

start date from Irun has firmed up to 10 Sep. Anybody else then?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I will start from Irun on September 16 or 17, depending on how jet lagged!

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.