• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Camino del Norte restrictions query

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyD

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
Good morning, afternoon, evening to all,
I was due to head north from Madrid this Saturday and meet a friend coming from the UK. Unfortunately, I now won't be able to go because I'm ill. However, he has a flight booked to arrive in Santander from London tomorrow. His plan is to stop one night in Santander then get bus to Oviedo and then another to Villaviciosa to pick up his Camino where he left off a few years back.
Does anyone know the current situation regarding restrictions that might impede his progress in anyway? I've already told him it's unpredictable and that it might be better not to even start, but he isn't phased by the challenge and is all prepared. Any "on the ground" up to date information and advice would be much appreciated, so that I can relay it to him. I've tried looking on internet myself, at the moment it does seem like there is possibility of restrictions in movements between large municipal areas - but it's yet to be approved. It will affect Madrid if it gets approved, but could it also affect going in and out of cities like Santander, Oviedo & GijĂłn in the next few days?

Last edited:
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Good morning, afternoon, evening to all,
I was due to head north from Madrid this Saturday and meet a friend coming from the UK. Unfortunately, I now won't be able to go because I'm ill. However, he has a flight booked to arrive in Santander from London tomorrow. His plan is to stop one night in Santander then get bus to Oviedo and then another to Villaviciosa to pick up his Camino where he left off a few years back.
Does anyone know the current situation regarding restrictions that might impede his progress in anyway? I've already told him it's unpredictable and that it might be better not to even start, but he isn't phased by the challenge and is all prepared. Any "on the ground" up to date information and advice would be much appreciated, so that I can relay it to him. I've tried looking on internet myself, at the moment it does seem like there is possibility of restrictions in movements between large municipal areas - but it's yet to be approved. It will affect Madridvif it gets approved, but could it also affect passage in and out of cities like Santander, Oviedo & GijĂłn un the next few days?
No problems at all up there. Madrid has lots of restrictions, but Cantabria and Asturias are fine. I'll be up in Asturias in a few days' time, and there's nothing to worry about at the moment.

No problems at all up there. Madrid has lots of restrictions, but Cantabria and Asturias are fine. I'll be up in Asturias in a few days' time, and there's nothing to worry about at the moment.
Thanks for that, I'll let him know. Maybe I'll try and meet him further along once I get better.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back