• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte - September 2016

dcassasr

Time of past OR future Camino
Cycling September 2016
Hey Guys,

I have been looking through the forums quite a bit - I thank all of you for the huge amount of information!! A friend and I are all booked for the Camino del Norte and will be arriving in San Sebastian on the 2nd of September. We are both (he more than I) experienced cyclists and we are trying to set a goal of 80km per day. The first three days worry me a bit because of the mountains, but the rest of the route does not look THAT bad! I am hoping we are not being too ambitious and have scheduled a rest day after every 2 or 3 days of cycling.

Any comments on weather/what to pack/best places to stop? Any feedback would be appreciated!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen camino! :)

With rest days, you will be fine. You don't have to go 80 km per day...

Thanks Falcon...(reminds me of the Maltese Falcon, me being from Malta!)

Flights are booked out of Santiago for the 17th, we have 3 "extra" days in Santiago, which we can choose to spend wherever - but 80Km average looks like it is going to be the requirement......It's a double edges sword - the first days are quire steep which means we may struggle to hit 80Km...which in turn means we may need to cycle farther in the last few days when we are tired and prone to injury. We would of liked a longer period but work commitments barely let us fit in a trip this long - by the way, do you know if we can get a pilgrim passport in San Sebastian and from where?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hey Guys,

I have been looking through the forums quite a bit - I thank all of you for the huge amount of information!! A friend and I are all booked for the Camino del Norte and will be arriving in San Sebastian on the 2nd of September. We are both (he more than I) experienced cyclists and we are trying to set a goal of 80km per day. The first three days worry me a bit because of the mountains, but the rest of the route does not look THAT bad! I am hoping we are not being too ambitious and have scheduled a rest day after every 2 or 3 days of cycling.

Any comments on weather/what to pack/best places to stop? Any feedback would be appreciated!
Hi there.
I to am cycling the Norte but not decided on date yet.
I cycled the French Camino two years ago averaging 100k per day.
Have just received my new Pilgrim route and don't feel it's going to be to bad ( famous last words!!)
Intend completing in 10 days total inc of travel. No rest days included as I don't feel the need to. I / we will rest at the end with some cool beers.!!
Where you travelling from??
Kenny

Thanks Falcon...(reminds me of the Maltese Falcon, me being from Malta!)

Flights are booked out of Santiago for the 17th, we have 3 "extra" days in Santiago, which we can choose to spend wherever - but 80Km average looks like it is going to be the requirement......It's a double edges sword - the first days are quire steep which means we may struggle to hit 80Km...which in turn means we may need to cycle farther in the last few days when we are tired and prone to injury. We would of liked a longer period but work commitments barely let us fit in a trip this long - by the way, do you know if we can get a pilgrim passport in San Sebastian and from where?
So how did it turn out? I would take more time, but to each their own.

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.