Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Camino del Norte series

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
This is not a book, but my husband and I stumbled across this video series last week on Amazon Prime here in the US. It is a Travelvlogger series called "Hiking the Camino de Santiago Camino del Norte. There are seven segments about 15 minutes each of the pilgrim/hiker walking the Del Norte with none of the foolishness I have seen in some similar films. He shows stages with scenery and some local sites and without lots of jokes, drinking, or silly side side interviews (such as for comparison the film about Flip Flopping on the Camino). One drawback is that he does not show many other pilgrims, but he seems serious about the journey. In several segments he states that pilgrim's should chose their own distances and travel options (in two cases he takes a ferry rather than walking.) We enjoyed it and it made us more interested in walking that route in the future.

Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Marc S.

Past OR future Camino
Since 2012: CF, CdN, CP, Salvador, Aragones, Via Regia, Elisabethpfad, Jakobsweg NRW, Jakibspaad.
Remember seeing this series (it is actually also available on youtube) and enjoyed watching it. For me his videos were a great way to reexperience the Norte, to recognize the places where I walked, and remind great memories. But I can imagine it is also a good appetizer for those considering walking the Norte. Hope you will walk it some day as well..

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
This is not a book, but my husband and I stumbled across this video series last week on Amazon Prime here in the US. It is a Travelvlogger series called "Hiking the Camino de Santiago Camino del Norte. There are seven segments about 15 minutes each of the pilgrim/hiker walking the Del Norte with none of the foolishness I have seen in some similar films. He shows stages with scenery and some local sites and without lots of jokes, drinking, or silly side side interviews (such as for comparison the film about Flip Flopping on the Camino). One drawback is that he does not show many other pilgrims, but he seems serious about the journey. In several segments he states that pilgrim's should chose their own distances and travel options (in two cases he takes a ferry rather than walking.) We enjoyed it and it made us more interested in walking that route in the future.
I will take a look at the videos as I have Amazon Prime. I have already walked the first half of the Norte, but had turned on to the Primitivo. I am returning in mid April to complete it starting in Oviedo, so thanks for starting this new post.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I am 3/4 of the way through the series and am watching the youtubes. Very nicely done!

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Yes, quick to watch. We binge watched all seven and it was shorter than watching a full length movie. Some of his beach shots in the later episodes are simply stunning. I also liked that he stayed in a variety of types of places.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I watched the second episode last night and cringed at his pronunciation of Portugalete and Castro Urdiales!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads