A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino del Norte series

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016 CF;
Hospitalera, Zamora 2017, Hospitalera Grañón 2018, Hospitalera Estella 2019
This is not a book, but my husband and I stumbled across this video series last week on Amazon Prime here in the US. It is a Travelvlogger series called "Hiking the Camino de Santiago Camino del Norte. There are seven segments about 15 minutes each of the pilgrim/hiker walking the Del Norte with none of the foolishness I have seen in some similar films. He shows stages with scenery and some local sites and without lots of jokes, drinking, or silly side side interviews (such as for comparison the film about Flip Flopping on the Camino). One drawback is that he does not show many other pilgrims, but he seems serious about the journey. In several segments he states that pilgrim's should chose their own distances and travel options (in two cases he takes a ferry rather than walking.) We enjoyed it and it made us more interested in walking that route in the future.

Marc S.

Camino(s) past & future
Since 2012: CF, CdN, CP, Salvador, Aragones, Via Regia, Elisabethpfad, Jakobsweg NRW, Jakibspaad.
Remember seeing this series (it is actually also available on youtube) and enjoyed watching it. For me his videos were a great way to reexperience the Norte, to recognize the places where I walked, and remind great memories. But I can imagine it is also a good appetizer for those considering walking the Norte. Hope you will walk it some day as well..

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
This is not a book, but my husband and I stumbled across this video series last week on Amazon Prime here in the US. It is a Travelvlogger series called "Hiking the Camino de Santiago Camino del Norte. There are seven segments about 15 minutes each of the pilgrim/hiker walking the Del Norte with none of the foolishness I have seen in some similar films. He shows stages with scenery and some local sites and without lots of jokes, drinking, or silly side side interviews (such as for comparison the film about Flip Flopping on the Camino). One drawback is that he does not show many other pilgrims, but he seems serious about the journey. In several segments he states that pilgrim's should chose their own distances and travel options (in two cases he takes a ferry rather than walking.) We enjoyed it and it made us more interested in walking that route in the future.
I will take a look at the videos as I have Amazon Prime. I have already walked the first half of the Norte, but had turned on to the Primitivo. I am returning in mid April to complete it starting in Oviedo, so thanks for starting this new post.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I am 3/4 of the way through the series and am watching the youtubes. Very nicely done!

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016 CF;
Yes, quick to watch. We binge watched all seven and it was shorter than watching a full length movie. Some of his beach shots in the later episodes are simply stunning. I also liked that he stayed in a variety of types of places.

MarkMiami

Camino(s) past & future
May/June camino frances 2019
Great series- thanks for letting all of us know! Can't wait to do it...

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I watched the second episode last night and cringed at his pronunciation of Portugalete and Castro Urdiales!

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016 CF;
Agreed. A linguist he is not.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock