• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte series

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025
This is not a book, but my husband and I stumbled across this video series last week on Amazon Prime here in the US. It is a Travelvlogger series called "Hiking the Camino de Santiago Camino del Norte. There are seven segments about 15 minutes each of the pilgrim/hiker walking the Del Norte with none of the foolishness I have seen in some similar films. He shows stages with scenery and some local sites and without lots of jokes, drinking, or silly side side interviews (such as for comparison the film about Flip Flopping on the Camino). One drawback is that he does not show many other pilgrims, but he seems serious about the journey. In several segments he states that pilgrim's should chose their own distances and travel options (in two cases he takes a ferry rather than walking.) We enjoyed it and it made us more interested in walking that route in the future.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Remember seeing this series (it is actually also available on youtube) and enjoyed watching it. For me his videos were a great way to reexperience the Norte, to recognize the places where I walked, and remind great memories. But I can imagine it is also a good appetizer for those considering walking the Norte. Hope you will walk it some day as well..

This is not a book, but my husband and I stumbled across this video series last week on Amazon Prime here in the US. It is a Travelvlogger series called "Hiking the Camino de Santiago Camino del Norte. There are seven segments about 15 minutes each of the pilgrim/hiker walking the Del Norte with none of the foolishness I have seen in some similar films. He shows stages with scenery and some local sites and without lots of jokes, drinking, or silly side side interviews (such as for comparison the film about Flip Flopping on the Camino). One drawback is that he does not show many other pilgrims, but he seems serious about the journey. In several segments he states that pilgrim's should chose their own distances and travel options (in two cases he takes a ferry rather than walking.) We enjoyed it and it made us more interested in walking that route in the future.
I will take a look at the videos as I have Amazon Prime. I have already walked the first half of the Norte, but had turned on to the Primitivo. I am returning in mid April to complete it starting in Oviedo, so thanks for starting this new post.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, quick to watch. We binge watched all seven and it was shorter than watching a full length movie. Some of his beach shots in the later episodes are simply stunning. I also liked that he stayed in a variety of types of places.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I watched the second episode last night and cringed at his pronunciation of Portugalete and Castro Urdiales!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.