• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte vs The Camino Frances

ulrikl

hi all you walkers :D

I am on my way to do my frist el camino, and are wondering witch one to do. I guess that most do the frances one, my quistions is witch one is the most beautiful ones and witch one is the hardest? I have some acrophobia(fear of heighs), witch one is best for that?? hope to hear from a lot of you,

all the best, uli from denmark

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Uli, welcome! There will probably soon be a whole lot of answers for each and every route! I have only done the Camino Portuguese, and am in the process of researching my next route. So far my personal vote is the Camino Del Norte, as the ocean views really got my imagination going. The Ingles also looks beautiful, but I really would like something longer than a week or so...that's why the interest in the del Norte. Good luck with all you planning!

Buen Camino, Karin :D

We return this week to the Camino del Norte to resume our pilgrimage where we left off last year. We loved it and are very excited about continuing. Here are three photos to tempt you. I could add more but I should get an early night before our journey!

best wishes, whichever you chose!

Bridget

Attachments

• DSCF0409(small).JPG
    DSCF0409(small).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 3,016
  • DSCF0280scaled.JPG
    DSCF0280scaled.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 3,012
  • DSCF0442scaled.JPG
    DSCF0442scaled.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,010
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bridget and Peter said:
We return this week to the Camino del Norte to resume our pilgrimage where we left off last year. We loved it and are very excited about continuing. Here are three photos to tempt you.
Bridget

Bridget those pics are great ! I'm going to have to pick your brains thoroughly before I head over! Still not sure the when, but absolutely a will!!

Buen Camino, Karin

I felt that the Camino del Norte has more natural beauty while the Camino Frances has, perhaps, more cultural significance. I really liked them both and think they both have a lot to offer. I did the Camino Frances first and that route is more special to me but the coastal views on the Norte are extraordinarily amazing. I'm sure any route you choose will be wonderful.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.