• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Del Norte

cosmic goddess

Time of past OR future Camino
Will be walking the Camino Frances in (May/June 2014)
Will be walking Camino del Norte coastal route starting in Biarritz in three weeks. Wondering if there is a comprehensive list of allergies, postals, pensions, hotels on the route and in towns near the route. Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Cosmic Goddess:

There are several sites and guidebooks. On the net www.gronze.com or Eroski are two of my favorites. As far as a guidebook many use the Northern Camino's.

Ultreya,
Joe

Many thanks, Joe. I will visit the websites. I welcome any suggestions/recommendations/observations you may want to share about the Camino del Norte.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Cosmic Goddess, I recommend the Wise Pilgrims Guide. It was invaluable to me as an iPhone app last year, and is also available as an Android app, and I believe they've since brought out the book. Here's the link.. https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/wise-pilgrim/id535960559

I wrote a blog, which proved to be quite a task, tapping it out on my iPhone whilst lying on my bunk in the middle of the night in an albergue somewhere, so please excuse the errors!. If you get the chance to read it, I hope you enjoy it and maybe it will offer one or two ideas of what to see and where to stay. I'm not very techie, so you'll have to scroll down some way to the start..
https://peebeecat.wordpress.com

Lastly, you will have a total blasT... the Norte is a beautiful route, despite the tarmac (most of it on quiet roads). I'm going back to do the Primitivo this year and truly can't wait!

Buen Camino!
Pete

Many thanks, Joe. I will visit the websites. I welcome any suggestions/recommendations/observations you may want to share about the Camino del Norte.

Cosmic Goddess:

I walked the Norte in 2014 in 29 days. I posted almost everyday because there were those behind me looking for information. I would also recommend you look through the Norte files and see what type of information you find there.

If you have more specific questions, I will be happy to answer here or in a PM.

I am back on the Camino myself on April 12th.

Ultreya,
Joe

Will be walking Camino del Norte coastal route starting in Biarritz in three weeks. Wondering if there is a comprehensive list of allergies, postals, pensions, hotels on the route and in towns near the route. Thanks!
Hi,I will begin walking at the 21 of April in Irun.
Maybe we will meet along the way.

Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Cosmic Goddess:

I walked the Norte in 2014 in 29 days. I posted almost everyday because there were those behind me looking for information. I would also recommend you look through the Norte files and see what type of information you find there.

If you have more specific questions, I will be happy to answer here or in a PM.

I am back on the Camino myself on April 12th.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hi Joe .

Im starting as well on the 12 or 13 April . But im cycling .
Maybe we meet up.

Whats the weather like in April?

Buen camino

Hi Joe .

Maybe we meet up.

Buen camino

Bruno:

Sorry for misleading comment. I am walking the Frances this year. Walked Norte in 2014.

You will enjoy the Norte.

Buen Camino,
Joe

Hi Joe .

Maybe we meet up.

Buen camino

Bruno:

As far as weather your guess is as good as any long term forecast. I expected a lot of rain. My first 21 days were perfect weather around 20 C and not a drop of rain. I hit Galacia and it rained almost every day.

I walked April 1 to April 29th in 2014.

Ultreya,
Joe

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Be sure to check out the resource section of this forum for information about the Camino del Norte. I have just added a couple of pages that 1) give distances between towns that list the number of different types of accommodation and 2) include some information of all accommodations from Irun to Oviedo (I plan detouring there). I hope some of the resources help you. Buen Camino.

We walked del Norte Primitivo, Sept 10 to Oct 14 also 2014, beautiful weather until last 10 days. Leaving on 24 April complete the leg of del norte which we missed because of doing Primitivo.
On 11 May I am meeting my daughter in Madrid and we will be attempting 12 days from Logrono. The challenge is that my daughter is in a wheelchair and I, her 60 year old mom, is her only walking companion. We are hoping for lots of Camino Angels :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.