• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte

Babyboomergirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2017
Primitivo 2018
Finisterre/Muxía 2018
Norte 2019
I will be starting the Camino del Norte in Irun on March 20 2019 and although this will be my third Camino I’m wondering what weather to expect. Was very fortunate to only have a few days with heavy rain in the past

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last year here in Cantabria it rained constantly throughout January, February and March and then we had a beautiful mostly dry spring. This year so far hardly any rain. Normally if it doesn't rain much by mid February then it usually rains much more in the spring. The same usually goes for Asturias.
Its usually warmer here in winter compared to the south thanks to the cloud cover and the southern winds though last week the water outside froze.
Good luck

I will be starting the Camino del Norte in Irun on March 20 2019 and although this will be my third Camino I’m wondering what weather to expect. Was very fortunate to only have a few days with heavy rain in the past

Babyboomergirl:

Totally unpredictable. You could look historically about averages (rainfall, temps) but otherwise a waste of time, imo.

Have good rain gear and wear as needed.

Norte is a beautiful walk.

Ultreya,
Joe

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Climate is what to expect, weather is what you get.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for all your thoughts and comments.
I have been happy with my lightweight rain jacket but am thinking I might need to upgrade for this Camino. Also not sure about whether to take rain pants ?
As with my previous Caminos I get so excited once the flights to Spain are booked and then start getting anxious about my fitness, difficulty of the stages etc

I use a homemade "parcho" which is a combination raincoat/poncho, that covers my pack and comes to about my knees. I experienced a lot of rain on the Norte last July, which I think was unusually wet, but it wasn't cold at all, and I found that bare legs were perfectly comfortable.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for all your thoughts and comments.
I have been happy with my lightweight rain jacket but am thinking I might need to upgrade for this Camino. Also not sure about whether to take rain pants ?
As with my previous Caminos I get so excited once the flights to Spain are booked and then start getting anxious about my fitness, difficulty of the stages etc
Hello I hope you had a good camino in 2019. I’m doing norte in late april2022. I just wondered as a rough idea, what weather did you experience? Thank you Lynn

Hello I hope you had a good camino in 2019. I’m doing norte in late april2022. I just wondered as a rough idea, what weather did you experience? Thank you Lynn
Weather Spark is a good website for historical weather information for any location.

I looked up Santander because it's in the middle of the Norte.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.