• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte

paula13

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte
Hi all I am due to start the Camino del norte next week and would welcome any helpful advice as walking alone have read very mixed reviews about accommodations paula13

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi all I am due to start the Camino del norte next week and would welcome any helpful advice as walking alone have read very mixed reviews about accommodations paula13
Hi Paula. Louise and I will be starting next week as well
Flying out of Perth Australia to Paris on the Tuesday night and catching the bullet train down to Hendaye to start. About Friday I think
So maybe we will see you somewhere there about.
You won’t be walking alone there is always someone passing you or you will be passing someone 👍😁👣👣
Regards John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You are going to walk a really beautiful camino. It may be tough for you but worth it. Download AlertCops app. It is an app that will connect you with the Spanish Police in an emergency. If you can't speak Spanish you can speak to someone in English. It also tracks where you are if someone needs to get you. I would also download either Buen Camino or the Wise Pilgrim app. They may both be free and they have GPS and lots of albergues and places to stay. Also there is a free webpage called GRonze.com. If you open it in Google Chrome it will translate into English. It has lots of reviews of places to stay. Elevation and map distances. Finally I would also tell you to download the ROme2Rio app if you need information regarding bus or trains. You will meet lots of great people to walk with. If you are walking and you feel unsafe wait for a few pilgrims and ask to walk with them. Try to stay in donativos and albergues with communal meals. I think everyone who experiences these dinners have memories that last a lifetime.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You are going to walk a really beautiful camino. It may be tough for you but worth it. Download AlertCops app. It is an app that will connect you with the Spanish Police in an emergency. If you can't speak Spanish you can speak to someone in English. It also tracks where you are if someone needs to get you. I would also download either Buen Camino or the Wise Pilgrim app. They may both be free and they have GPS and lots of albergues and places to stay. Also there is a free webpage called GRonze.com. If you open it in Google Chrome it will translate into English. It has lots of reviews of places to stay. Elevation and map distances. Finally I would also tell you to download the ROme2Rio app if you need information regarding bus or trains. You will meet lots of great people to walk with. If you are walking and you feel unsafe wait for a few pilgrims and ask to walk with them. Try to stay in donativos and albergues with communal meals. I think everyone who experiences these dinners have memories that last a lifetime.
Thank you that is really helpful Paula

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked the Norte in May / June ... of the 3 routes I have done, its easily my faourite.

The less positive posts of late seem to relate to how easy / hard it is to find a bed ... It was pretty much OK for me in May / June, and I am guessing the peak season is ending, so perhaps it will get easier into September too.

I would suggest kinda cracking on each day and making sure you get to your stop in good time. I prefer to arrive early an eat, drink and relax in the place I am spending the night, rather than stopping for coffee all the time, having a leisurely lunch somewhere, and expecting a bed to be found at 4pm or later.

That s some good info there...thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.