• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Salvador

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019
ok, so I am putting it out into the Universe and this Forum that I am looking for a walking buddy for the C.Salvador this coming June. I should find myself in Leon mas o menos around June 15 2017. If anyone is interested to buddy up with me, please private message me.

I am a slower type of walker, love to stop and take pictures and smell the "roses". I have plenty of time to do this Camino, so I know I will be ambling. I also provide good earplugs, just in case.:rolleyes:

The other route I am contemplating if the C.Salvador is a no go, would be the C. Invierno. Same time frame, Ponferrada starting point. Would be nice to have company.

Ingrid

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
ok, so I am putting it out into the Universe and this Forum that I am looking for a walking buddy for the C.Salvador this coming June. I should find myself in Leon mas o menos around June 15 2017. If anyone is interested to buddy up with me, please private message me.

I am a slower type of walker, love to stop and take pictures and smell the "roses". I have plenty of time to do this Camino, so I know I will be ambling. I provide good earplugs, just in case.:rolleyes:

The other route I am contemplating if the C.Salvador is a no go, would be the C. Invierno. Same time frame, Ponferrada starting point. Would be nice to have company.

Ingrid

Hi, Ingrid,
I can understand why you would want to have some company. In case you don't get any responses from the forum, though (after all, we are a miniscule percentage of the people who walk the Camino), you might try what I suggested for @camino07. If my memory is working, she left Leon alone and went to the La Robla albergue, where she met some people. She had planned to take a bus to Oviedo from La Robla if it turned out she was going to be alone (to continue on the Primitivo, where there is NO shortage of people). As it turns out there were people in the albergue in La Robla so she stuck with it.

I think that during the days you mention, there are likely to be others walking even though none of them get in touch with you. Maybe camino07 can confirm this, and she walked, I believe, in a much less popular time of year. Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, Ingrid,
I can understand why you would want to have some company. In case you don't get any responses from the forum, though (after all, we are a miniscule percentage of the people who walk the Camino), you might try what I suggested for @camino07. If my memory is working, she left Leon alone and went to the La Robla albergue, where she met some people. She had planned to take a bus to Oviedo from La Robla if it turned out she was going to be alone (to continue on the Primitivo, where there is NO shortage of people). As it turns out there were people in the albergue in La Robla so she stuck with it.

I think that during the days you mention, there are likely to be others walking even though none of them get in touch with you. Maybe camino07 can confirm this, and she walked, I believe, in a much less popular time of year. Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks Laurie, I will keep this in mind. I probably would not proceed, because my Primitivo will commence in August, after I finish in Grado as hospitalera. Something will turn up, it always does... letting the Camino decide has become a habit. Ingrid

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...
I will be walking the Norte starting at Bilbao later this month and am considering switching to the San Salvador after I get to Oviedo. I would be walking it in the reverse direction beginning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.