• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Documentary screening in Philadelphia, PA

Phillypilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
C F Sept.(2013) Camino de Madrid & Finisterre/Muxia Sept. (2014)
Finisterre/Muia June (2017).
Thursday May 29th "Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago" is coming to Philadelphia. The Roxy Theater 2023 Sansom Street will be screening this documentary from May 29th through June 5th. The first screening on May 29th at 7:30 PM will have a Q & A with Director/Producer Lydia B. Smith. For more information www.filmadelphia.org

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
So excited to FINALLY get to see this movie!! And actually have a Q&A w/ Lydia...icing on the cake!

This was a great film. The 2 older gents in it, Jack and ??, are from our city and did a little Q&A session. It was a fun way to relive the camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It is Wayne and Jack ...

Further if you missed the showing in Victoria last week, the movie will return again in June and July. Details below.

The Camino Documentary - Walking the Camino:Six Ways to Santiago will be returning to UVic's CineCentre for 4 more evenings.
WALKING THE CAMINO: SIX WAYS TO SANTIAGO (a documentary)

Lydia B. Smith · USA/Spain · 2013 · 84 mins

June 1st 7:00 & 8:45pm

June 2nd 7:00 & 8:45pm

June 3rd 7:00 & 8:45pm

July 15th 7:00 & 8:45pm

CINECENTA - STUDENT UNION BUILDING AT THE UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA3800 Finnerty Rd, Victoria, BC

http://www.cinecenta.com/default.aspx?PageID=1005&MovieID=828

This non-profit documentary follows six walkers on their 500-mile walk of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route in Spain. It is beautifully filmed and very well paced. The director cast the movie with walkers she met on the Camino. They include an American, two Canadians, and walkers from Brazil, Portugal, Denmark and France. They are each on a separate journey rather than walking together. All are trekking in the traditional way, carrying their gear in a backpack and staying at the albergue pilgrim hostels along the way.

The film is gorgeous, filled with beautiful landscapes. This is not a "how to" guide. While we see daily life on the Camino, and breathtaking views of the scenery, it is more about the people and their personal experiences. I enjoyed the balance between "the interior Camino" challenges of the walk and the physical and social challenges.

Some of the most touching moments are when the walkers are moved to tears in recounting how other walkers helped them along the way. That spirit of giving to each other and supporting every person along the way is a deep tradition on the Camino, and one I would wish could be spread to our daily lives. I found many take-home messages, but my favorite is "A bad day for the ego is a good day for the soul."About.com

OK!! I have two tickets that I cannot use tonight! I'm worn out from puking granddaughters!! The little one got me twice and then slept in my arms for the afternoon!! So if you can text me...I can send e-Tickets..pay me if you can...just throw a check in the mail whenever...But it IS for TONIGHT!! MAY 29th at 7:30!!

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.