• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Documentary

ACL

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Camino Portugese, Camino Zagora

I wanted to take this moment to share with you all the news that we have finally released a small run of DVD's of our Camino movie.

Trying to pass along the essence of the camino to the world was a huge challenge.

We recently had John Brierley screen the film, and his words resonated with us and gave us great encouragement.

JPG.jpg

"A
I found time and was transfixed. The formatting and photography is stunning and the film beautiful in its entirety. I have seen so many videos of the camino experiences (amateur and professional) but nearly all miss the essence of the journey. You have managed to capture something of the inner experience which is so difficult to achieve on the film. Congratulations and I wish you every success with this project. Looking for Infinity does indeed give a glimpse into the Mystery and deserves to be seen and appreciated by a wide audience.
Fantástico...

John (Brierley)
www.caminoguides.com"

If the film interested you, and you'd like to buy it.
you can visit www.caminomovie.com
and to follow all our content you can also like our Facebook page here

Buen Camino!

Aaron_DVD_artwork_edit.jpg

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Something abit calmer.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Love what the Spanish man has to say, but unfortunatly I think this may be the Camino of 10 years ago, no longer today's where it's about taxis, red wine, etc. I also feel the initial drums give the impression of something dramtic, as does the lack of livht in the second peice, when the Camino is non cathartic, if not the complete opposite of being cathartic, and about simply putting a foot in front of the other to reach a particular point: Santiago. Wosh I cared about the Catholic reason to walk towards Santiago, as it mayout more spring in my step. 10 years too late in my opinion for this message.

Just bought it and watched it.

Interesting...........

I'll be keen to see how it is received.

Last edited:

I wanted to take this moment to share with you all the news that we have finally released a small run of DVD's of our Camino movie.

Trying to pass along the essence of the camino to the world was a huge challenge.

We recently had John Brierley screen the film, and his words resonated with us and gave us great encouragement.

JPG.jpg

"A
I found time and was transfixed. The formatting and photography is stunning and the film beautiful in its entirety. I have seen so many videos of the camino experiences (amateur and professional) but nearly all miss the essence of the journey. You have managed to capture something of the inner experience which is so difficult to achieve on the film. Congratulations and I wish you every success with this project. Looking for Infinity does indeed give a glimpse into the Mystery and deserves to be seen and appreciated by a wide audience.
Fantástico...

John (Brierley)
www.caminoguides.com"

If the film interested you, and you'd like to buy it.
you can visit www.caminomovie.com
and to follow all our content you can also like our Facebook page here

Buen Camino!

Aaron_DVD_artwork_edit.jpg
This film looks stunning! I love everything the first young man says about the experience- the way the sun protects and illuminates, the metaphor for life and death, all of it. I will definitely purchase your documentary!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Love what the Spanish man has to say, but unfortunatly I think this may be the Camino of 10 years ago, no longer today's where it's about taxis, red wine, etc. [...] 10 years too late in my opinion for this message.

Sorry in advance for the long post.

I only walked once, last year (march-may). According to the statistics, in may there were only slightly more pilgrims this year, in april even less than in 2015. So, to be honest, I found all those posts of the last months which were about crowded conditions, pre-booking and Camino losing it's identity (to borrow a recent thread's title) a bit strange.

When I walked, yes, there were other people, no, it mostly wasn't "crowded" (always got a bed at the first place I went to, even though I was slow and never reserved, only staying in cheap albergues). And it surely wasn't all about taxis and red wine!

For me, personally, the Camino was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Life changing in a way I can't even write down here, because it's too personal.

Reading so many negative things about it, even here, of all places, makes me sad. The Camino might be different to what you "veterans" experienced ten or twenty years ago, but it can still be very important and even life changing to others. It's not necessarily "less" or "worse" than before just because it's changed in some ways. It might look different, the good things might be more difficult to find, maybe, I don't know (That part I found easy)? But it's definitely still there, all the good stuff.

Sometimes I think the down-talking by the "everything was better x years ago"- crowd might damage the Camino more than the tourigrinos. But I've only walked it once, very recently, so I might be wrong. If I am, does it mean it all wasn't real? Did I just imagine the Camino being that good? Did I expect so little that even the shallow, down-graded version seemed great to me? Who knows.

What I do know for sure is that I loved it, just the way it was, bus-pilgrims, scammers, tourigrinos included. And nothing will ever change that.

[To get back to topic, the documentary: Only watched the youtube clips so far, loved them, especially the clip about the pilgrims, where litttle of the way is shown, but the faces of pilgrims instead. That one says so much with so little! Looking forward to watch the complete film!]

Buen Camino
(edit: or, to quote Douglas Adams... Don't panic! :) )

Last edited:
Sorry in advance for the long post.

I only walked once, last year (march-may). According to the statistics, in may there were only slightly more pilgrims this year, in april even less than in 2015. So, to be honest, I found all those posts of the last months which were about crowded conditions, pre-booking and Camino losing it's identity (to borrow a recent thread's title) a bit strange.

When I walked, yes, there were other people, no, it mostly wasn't "crowded" (always got a bed at the first place I went to, even though I was slow and never reserved, only staying in cheap albergues). And it surely wasn't all about taxis and red wine!

For me, personally, the Camino was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Life changing in a way I can't even write down here, because it's too personal.

Reading so many negative things about it, even here, of all places, makes me sad. The Camino might be different to what you "veterans" experienced ten or twenty years ago, but it can still be very important and even life changing to others. It's not necessarily "less" or "worse" than before just because it's changed in some ways. It might look different, the good things might be more difficult to find, maybe, I don't know (That part I found easy)? But it's definitely still there, all the good stuff.

Sometimes I think the down-talking by the "everything was better x years ago"- crowd might damage the Camino more than the tourigrinos. But I've only walked it once, very recently, so I might be wrong. If I am, does it mean it all wasn't real? Did I just imagine the Camino being that good? Did I expect so little that even the shallow, down-graded version seemed great to me? Who knows.

What I do know for sure is that I loved it, just the way it was, bus-pilgrims, scammers, tourigrinos included. And nothing will ever change that.

[To get back to topic, the documentary: Only watched the youtube clips so far, loved them, especially the clip about the pilgrims, where litttle of the way is shown, but the faces of pilgrims instead. That one says so much with so little! Looking forward to watch the complete film!]

Buen Camino
(edit: or, to quote Douglas Adams... Don't panic! :) )

I completely agree with your sentiments.. although i struggled with the last 100k. The more people that are introduced to this fantastic and life-changing journey the better, even if it is just the final stretch.

For those of you that are interested in the Faces of The Pilgrims video, I've attached it below.

Thank you all so much for your support which will help me further the film by putting it into film festivals worldwide.
It has been submitted to around 25 so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back