• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino dos Faros

Camino dos Faros 2016-02-25

No permission to download

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
jirit submitted a new resource:

Camino dos Faros - The Way of the Lighthouses

O Camiño dos Faros (The Way of Lighthouses) is a 200-km hiking route in Galicia (Spain) that links Malpica with Finisterre along the coastline. A route that runs by all the Lighthouses and the most important landmarks in A Costa da Morte, where definitely, it is the sea the one that plays the main role.

Read more about this resource...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just when I thought I had my next Camino route sorted, someone gives me a new idea. I am thus far planning el Norte to Ribadeo, then the Ruta do Mar, followed by the Ingles. But to follow the coast all the way to Finisterre sounds very tempting. (and very challenging!)

Maybe not for this year, but one to keep in mind for the future.

We will be walking this route in Sept before walking the Portuguese. We have been aware of it for about 6 months and have completed our pre-planning. If you do walk it there are no albergues and minimal infrastructure. There are small towns along the path with accommodations, bars etc., but it's not like the Frances or most other routes. On two separate days we will have to call taxis to pick us up and to drop us back at the same point the next morning. The route hasn't been around very long and while there is a good Spanish website, I haven't located much else. Markings are apparently fairly good, but there are some challenging sections...I guess just follow the ocean?! The route does transit along beside the ocean and is 210 kms in distance with just over 4,000 meters of vertical along the Camino. One crosses many headlands, beaches and even through a small dunes area. There is very little road walking which is great! We won't be so fortunate on the Portuguese. The big issue of course will be the weather. If we are fortunate enough to have sunny days the walk will be stunningly amazing! If we have rain, it will still be amazing...just wet. One could then walk from Muxia or Finisterre into Santiago if they were so inclined.

Any way, very excited about this journey and it will go nicely with my walk along the Invierno. Both should be very quiet and very scenic!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
looks doable. However I can not download the guide?

Based on what I can see at the bottom of the website there is a link to a dropbox account whereby you can down load the pdf

Very beautiful and thorns galore. Please have long pants and shirts.g loves are a plus as well. That's my advice after my trek. Averaged 14 hrs a day walking. No for the weak. You follow a path but must look for it under the 6 ft bush. Fair warned. Water plenty from the mountain.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
jirit submitted a new resource:

Camino dos Faros - The Way of the Lighthouses

Read more about this resource...
I walked the Camino dos Faros in June 2016. I wouldn't recommend it as comparable to the Compostela Caminos as it is not well marked (bring a GPS) or well maintained. There are often sections where the trail is so overgrown you can barely see where you are placing your feet. The coastal terrain has many elevation changes so you are regularly going up and going down mountain/hills and cliff sides. If you are ready for that kind of travel, the scenery can be quite lovely.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.