• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Dos Faros

maurice

Time of past OR future Camino
Home- Santiago
Hi there,

On Tuesday the 6th of September I will start the Camino dos Faros in Malpica, God willing.
Looking forward to it!
Anyone else around this time on this path?
Take care all! Don't think, just walk :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Can't wait to start the camino dos faros in Malpica on the 6th of September, God willing.
Enjoy your walk!
Good on you. I’ve looked at this one; even bought the guide, but haven’t ever heard from someone doing it. Do you have a blog or another way to follow it. Maybe report back through this site. It looks amazing but , from Australia, I just haven’t been able to organise myself. And you have the same name as my father, not a common name, so I already have you pegged as a good bloke. Stay well and safe, Steve

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi there,

On Tuesday the 6th of September I will start the Camino dos Faros in Malpica, God willing.
Looking forward to it!
Take care all! Don't think, just walk :)
Good Luck to you! I’m planning this route after realizing my first plan/route is complex and Faros gives me everything I need.

For the first time, I’ve thought about a baggage transfer where as I had never planned on this. I guess I really want to enjoy it. All I’ve found is self guided tours with baggage transfer which I’m not up for, just baggage transfer. Let me know if you see/find anything.

Buen Camino and come back and tell us all about it.

Good on you. I’ve looked at this one; even bought the guide, but haven’t ever heard from someone doing it. Do you have a blog or another way to follow it. Maybe report back through this site. It looks amazing but , from Australia, I just haven’t been able to organise myself. And you have the same name as my father, not a common name, so I already have you pegged as a good bloke. Stay well and safe, Steve
Good morning Steve,
Thank you for your comment. No I don't have any social media I use. I understand, coming from Austalia isn't like doing it just wen you want to, I guess you've to plan it way upfront.
About the camino dos Faros, a friend of mine told me about it. She lives in Galicia, met her last year and she invited me to come over a few weeks to help her with the pilgrims. I loved the suggestion but I need to walk when I have holidays. So she told me about this one, it isn't very long, just a 215km. So when ending in Fisterra I guess I walk to Santiago too, to add another 90km We will see. I just can't wait. After today another three days of work and then 4 weeks off, so good to almost smell freedom :)
Take care Steve and have a lovely day!

Good Luck to you! I’m planning this route after realizing my first plan/route is complex and Faros gives me everything I need.

For the first time, I’ve thought about a baggage transfer where as I had never planned on this. I guess I really want to enjoy it. All I’ve found is self guided tours with baggage transfer which I’m not up for, just baggage transfer. Let me know if you see/find anything.

Good morning Quincyrae,

I guess they don't have that services on this camino because it isn't well known so not much people and the change for people using this service isn't so big so I guess it isn't costs covering but I keep my eyes open for you, iff I see something I will let you know here!
Take good care of yourself Quincyrae!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good morning Quincyrae,

I guess they don't have that services on this camino because it isn't well known so not much people and the change for people using this service isn't so big so I guess it isn't costs covering but I keep my eyes open for you, iff I see something I will let you know here!
Take good care of yourself Quincyrae!
Hope all is going well for you! I looked into a bit more and some of these companies don’t charge too much extra for hotel and luggage transfer. I would say it’s maybe 40 euros a day more than if I done it all myself which isn’t crazy. I had no intentions of using these services but here we are :) I know me and I know I’ll want to hike and enjoy not be annoyed with my pack.

Definitely get back to us with updates of your travels :)

Hello quincyrae,

maybe this page will help you. https://www.caminodosfaros.com .Telephone numbers of taxi companies with approximate prices can be found here. This is how you could transport your luggage. Many beautiful moments and great encounters.

So, 2022 I didn't walk. I went to Malpica, it was very bad weather then. After two days walking in the rain I stopped because it would rain for more then a week so then I went home, quiet sad but this year I went again, finished it and dit was wonderfull!
Very hard, especially the first days becuase its a lot up and down but it was worth all the afford for sure, so so beautiful. After finishing in Finesterre I went to visit monte Pindo, I just love this mountain.

Attachments

• 20230705_161852.jpg
    20230705_161852.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230705_161859.jpg
    20230705_161859.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230705_215645.jpg
    20230705_215645.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 20230705_220201.jpg
    20230705_220201.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230709_215559.jpg
    20230709_215559.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230712_172250.jpg
    20230712_172250.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So, 2022 I didn't walk. I went to Malpica, it was very bad weather then. After two days walking in the rain I stopped because it would rain for more then a week so then I went home, quiet sad but this year I went again, finished it and dit was wonderfull!
Very hard, especially the first days becuase its a lot up and down but it was worth all the afford for sure, so so beautiful. After finishing in Finesterre I went to visit monte Pindo, I just love this mountain.
Maurice - while disappointing for you in 2022, congratulations on going back this year and completing it! My husband and I are considering Faros in 2024 and are curious when you went in 2023. You mentioned the weather was bad (rain) in early September 2022. In 2023, did you go earlier in the summer to avid the rain? We are trying to figure out the best 2-3 week period to attempt the Faros where the drier weather will be in our favor. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Maurice - while disappointing for you in 2022, congratulations on going back this year and completing it! My husband and I are considering Faros in 2024 and are curious when you went in 2023. You mentioned the weather was bad (rain) in early September 2022. In 2023, did you go earlier in the summer to avid the rain? We are trying to figure out the best 2-3 week period to attempt the Faros where the drier weather will be in our favor. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.
Hi there,

thank you for your replay!

I am really exited to read that you are going to walk the camino dos Faros too!
I never heard from it before, I met an hospitaliere in Mondeñedo who told me about it.

I went this year in July, right at the beginning. I know temperatures are more high ofcourse but because you are walking next to the ocean the temperature will be at least 5 degrees lower with a nice ocean breeze in your hair and against your face :)
And then still there will be rain here, it's called green spain because of all the green and they need water.
Overthere they say, one day rain, next day sun but iff you say this overthere the galician will laugh and say it happens all on the same day, of few times :)

One day there was only rain, when I walked from Finisterre to o Pindo. I just had two relaxed days in Finisterre, went to the beach too and when I had to walk about 26km it rained. But in some kind of way the rain felt good, fresh, not like a punishment. And later that afternoon when I arrived at the hotel I booked, soken wet, I was a bit worried that my, especially my shoes, wouldn't be dry the next day when I was planning to climb mount Pindo.

So I entered the room, went into the bathroom, saw the heather, turned it......... water started to run, heat came of the radiator soon! Santiago :) Grazias!

So this was all good! Next day, bit tricky to climb the mountain when slippery........ just sun! Another perfect day!!!

So still it will be a bit of luck overthere to keep it all dry, almost impossible but I would advise June- July or August.

Buen camino!!!

Attachments

• 20230712_155240.jpg
    20230712_155240.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230714_115921.jpg
    20230714_115921.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230715_120000.jpg
    20230715_120000.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 8
Maurice - your reply is very helpful. It sounds like the rain can come and go throughout the day but looking at summer months to do this trek will be sensible for us. Thank you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.