• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Camino dreaming

DebR

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2013, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 23
I'm dreaming of the Camino...
It's just after 11pm in Melbourne, Australia, where I live. I've walked the Camino three times now, and at this time every night, the flight I take on the first leg of the 24 hour journey to Paris takes off from our international airport.
I live in exactly the right place that, if a certain runway is used, I see "my" flight go by, almost overhead. I have an app on my phone that lets me identify which plane is which, so it really is *my* flight...and it just went overhead, banked left, and started its long journey toward Paris.
Of course, there are probably no peregrinos on board tonight, but just in case there are, I whisper a silent "buen Camino" each time I see my Camino plane, and when it's out of sight I close my eyes and am, once more, stepping out from Beilari Albergue and placing my feet on the Way once more...
This is how I go to sleep, and why I am Camino dreaming...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Deb,
What a nice story :), I know what you mean.
I recognise your words. I walked only once from Porto to Santiago sept 2016 but I remenber it every day, I still have the villages in my weather app so I can see every day what the weather is in Porto, Ponte de Lima,Paredes de Coura, Valenca,Tui, O Porriño,Soutomaior,Pontevedra, Caldas de Reis, Padron, Arcade, Santiago, Fisterra, Muxia....I don't delete it. I have adjust now Saint Jean Pied de Port because of my next Camino is starting april 30, hoeraaaaaa:):)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Deb,
What a nice story :), I know what you mean.
I recognise your words. I walked only once from Porto to Santiago sept 2016 but I remenber it every day, I still have the villages in my weather app so I can see every day what the weather is in Porto, Ponte de Lima,Paredes de Coura, Valenca,Tui, O Porriño,Soutomaior,Pontevedra, Caldas de Reis, Padron, Arcade, Santiago, Fisterra, Muxia....I don't delete it. I have adjust now Saint Jean Pied de Port because of my next Camino is starting april 30, hoeraaaaaa:):)
Mine starts 1 May: our paths may cross!

I did the Frances in September October 2015. I Ann planning the el Norte to the primitivo, finnester to muxia and then on to Fatima. It's a holy year so it may be busy but have to get back !!!! August 1st ultrea

You typed the right words! Same here. Every morning I also check the weather in North West Spain to imagine myself how it was when I walked there. Drinking my first coffee and scroll to my pics I made. I'm back now for about 6 weeks but daily I miss the feeling I had during the Camino. Didn't clean my walking shoes so far, I am still writing down my story, and planning to buy new equipment for the next one. When? No idea. For sure? YESSSS! ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Strange isn't it. I returned from my Camino on October 7 unpacked my pack and placed it and the contents in a plastic container marked "Camino". I will be called again to walk, not sure when, but there will be another wonderful journey ..... :)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I'm also getting ready for my next camino: not sure which one, or when, but it will be soon. And after binge-reading the forums last night, I booked my shell tattoo today :p

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Deb,
I Will see you :). How do you walk to Roncescalles? We do it in 2 parts. I walk with my husband to Ronvpcesvalles and the he goed back to Holland and I Will walk alone the Camino. Can't wait:)

Hi Deb,
We Will probably meet .
I start with my husband may 1 and walk from SJPP to halfway Roncesvalles return to SJPP by shuttle and may 2 we walk halfway to
Roncesvalles. May 3 we Will walk together forwards and then my husband returns to Holland and I Will walk alone further on the Camino :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Deb,
I Will see you :). How do you walk to Roncescalles? We do it in 2 parts. I walk with my husband to Ronvpcesvalles and the he goed back to Holland and I Will walk alone the Camino. Can't wait:)
I want to take the Valcarlos route this time: I've never done it before, and this time I'm hoping to pick the roads "less travelled", at least by me. The last two times, I stopped at Orisson, which was wonderful each time.
I'm sure we'll meet somewhere!

Back